• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Avatar Challenges

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
come on guys, wats the fun of playing to the odds.

It is only fun if ppl here take risks. I took a big one, punting an India-Windies final. That is the only way this can be fun, even if it costs us our avatars.

Come on, anyone........ :)
My avatar is precious, it's not something I take risks with. :happy:

Anyway - you've already got your taker - altoz went for it.

The fun in playing to the odds, BTW, is the prospect of getting 4 or 5 B*Witched avatars on my fellow posters. :D

Matt79

Global Moderator
My main WC bet of 2 months of Fat Grey as my avatar is SA win the cup is obviously a fair way away from being decided, so in the interim:

If any Bangas bowler can take three wickets tonight against Australia, I'll have a pic of that bowler as my avatar for a week. (I'd do longer, but I want to make a similar bet regarding Ireland when we play them so...)

Fiery

Banned
I put a lazy $20 on Bangladesh to beat Aus tonight....you may laugh now or you may laugh after the game....or you may not

honestbharani

My avatar is precious, it's not something I take risks with. :happy:

Anyway - you've already got your taker - altoz went for it.

The fun in playing to the odds, BTW, is the prospect of getting 4 or 5 B*Witched avatars on my fellow posters. :D
it is surely not fun for us. :@

:p

pasag

RTDAS
As posted in the Whatmore thread that was closed:

"If England win or if England lose by less than 50 runs or they lose by less than 5 wickets (ie 4,3,2,1), I'll change my avatar to whatever Richard wants for the remainder of the Cup. If Australia win by 50 runs or more or if they win by 5 wickets or more (5,6,7 etc) I get to change Richard's avatar till the end of the World Cup. Offer open till the start of the game."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think I'm too depressed by the SA-Ban result to take further risks, TBH.

Sorry and all that. I don't think I could ever forgive England if they cost me my avatar, and I just couldn't do that to them.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I think I'm too depressed by the SA-Ban result to take further risks, TBH.

Sorry and all that. I don't think I could ever forgive England if they cost me my avatar, and I just couldn't do that to them.
I knew this would happen. Agreed to what Sagger's said, very weak indeed :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
If England win against Australia tonight, I'll have any picture of Andrew Strauss anyone cares to nominate as my avatar till the Australia-Ireland game. (Assuming the pic won't get banned by James for contravening forum rules)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
what happened? What was the bet? And why hasn't Richard's avatar changed yet?

I love Bangladesh now. :p :D
Haha, I didn't bet on Bangladesh-SA - fortunately. 8-) Was just a general comment.

I wonder, though - now our chances are gone in all but name, would DB like to start earlier than he needs to in order to finish earlier? :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:):):)

Not that I'm taking pleasure because you're depressed or anything, but I hope you watched every ball of that. Langeveldt too. :)
Not that I'd have wanted to, but I didn't, was at work all day. Just came in and Dad gave me the dreadful news. :(

TBH, though, neither myself nor Hingston would gain anything from watching it.

Johnners

pffffft poor effort richard, backing out like that.

Anyway, i'm slightly worried now that KP has moved 30 runs ahead of Clarke for my challenge with Goughy, but hopefully Clarke can make use of the extra innings' he seems likely to get.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BTW, does this have any impact on the Smith-Corrin challenge? Or is that past now?

EDIT: and I can't back-out, I never accepted ITFP! Given that hindsight has revealed I was wise, it was clearly a good call from me. *Insert stuck-up smiley*