• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

neutralguy

One more wicket here c'mon !! I know Pak is gonna win this game now anyway, but I want them to knock out India so if they can get another wicket here, India will struggle to get even 100 which will be so easy to get in 15 overs or less.
Eat your own humble pie mate.pakistan is knocked out of this match by a bowl out.What a match.Come on india.:) :)

Turbinator

Rain might save India's ass here!!
One more wicket here c'mon !! I know Pak is gonna win this game now anyway, but I want them to knock out India so if they can get another wicket here, India will struggle to get even 100 which will be so easy to get in 15 overs or less.
Buddy India's here to win this whole thing, not get knocked out, mark my words win this whole damn thing!

This is a new look India, you saw our superb fielding and running between the wickets, well we're here to win it, and win it all.

And I suggest you say this with me...

CHAK DE INDIA!

Sanz

watched the post match interview with Dhoni and man I am impressed with his approach towards captaincy. If he can improve his batting a bit, I think he may turn out to be a good captain.

Turbinator

watched the post match interview with Dhoni and man I am impressed with his approach towards captaincy. If he can improve his batting a bit, I think he may turn out to be a good captain.
Yea awta, I was thinking the same thing.

Jungle Jumbo

Why did they have a bowl-out? There was absolutely no need. The players looked like they were just messing around anyway, the real game had taken everything out of them.

Sanz

Oh and 20/20 continues to expose the weak Indian/Pakistani team. Both teams would be lucky to win a game in the nex round.

Bouncer

The way pakistani players were approaching bowl out it was just pethatic....they were trying to hide their nervousness and just didnt look as if they belived they could win. Indians on other hand on high after keeping Pak from winning when they bowled and thus were on a high and went into the bowl out with high on confidence and won the game!

SJS

The way pakistani players were approaching bowl out it was just pethatic....they were trying to hide their nervousness and just didnt look as if they belived they could win. Indians on other hand on high after keeping Pak from winning when they bowled and thus were on a high and went into the bowl out with high on confidence and won the game!
I agree that India were on a high because they had just turned what looked like a sure loss with two balls left in the match to a tie but not that Pakistan messed it up because they were nervous. They made many mistakes.

- Pakistan seemed to have never thought of the bowl outs and therefore were caught by surprise by the situation while, as Dhoni said at the presentation, India had been practicing bowling for bowl outs at nets and the bowlers had been pre-decided depending upon thoe sessions.

- Pakistani bowlers made the mistake of thinking that bowling from shorter run ups and slower would make them more accurate. Thas not correct. They needn't have gone for very long run ups and super fast deliveries but a reasonable run up to be in rythm and a delivery at a speed at which you DO bowl is your best bet for every thing else is alien.

- Bowlers who tend to swingthe ball are at a skight disadvantage hence India kept out two of them and even Sreesanth and Pathan were scheduled at the end of the line , after the three spinners. Pakistan made a big istake by Shoaib not including himself, for example.

No. It was more thoughtlessness and lack of planning that did them in rather than nervousness.

R_D

My gosh what a game, what a thriller!!!

I am so happy I was able to come early from school today and watch the whole thing. But boy oh boy, you people should've seen the atmosphere in my house. Every wicket, every dot ball I'd jump up and scream at the top of my lungs, I went all out today. And tbh, I have never before ever been so happy as I was today, eventhough it was only a 20/20.

But you should've seen me I was going absolutely crazy when they got the run out on the last ball and when Afridi missed the stumps.

What a game.
hahaha:laugh: :laugh: Awesome.
What a finish to the game.
There was 6 of us watching the match at friends place and we all went nuts at the end.... screams and cheers after every pakistani players went out and when a good bowl was bowled.
Reminds of the Nat west series.
When i heard certain commmentor... his name is eluding me right now... the guy Prasad got out in 96 world cup quater finals...
I called it Pakistan goin to choke like that 96 quater final.... they did and india nearly choked as well at the end.

Harbhjan gets complacent too easily... after getting Afridi out he thougth india's won it so bowled a crap bowl which was smacked out of the grounds. Anyway great finish to the game.

Turbinator

I do feel a bit bad for Pakistan though man, like how they never have won a WC game against us and all.

(Not) :p:p