• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rivalry/Target thread

Mr Casson

Put Claphhham on my list, along with Mat Mitchell and any other troll who has got me out in the nineties.

HeathDavisSpeed

Hoping to knock Campari and Wright down a peg or two this season.

Campari with the ball and Wright with a bit of tail-end batting.

Assuming, of course, I can make the first XI.

Shaggy Alfresco

I took a name out of the signup thread at random, and got CR Burge (CW Black). He shall now be my mortal enemy for the season. Can someone tell me if he's a bowler or what?

Johnners

Smith & Cloete as usual, looking to grab a victory against them at least once this season, unlike last 8|

Adding Cribbage to the list as well, because I can (h)

superkingdave

The last person i targeted in this thread was Camps before season XII. Didn't get him out all season and he got me out first game. In that vain i'll nominate Bennett, because i'd like to see him do well and Red aren't going to be a threat to our domination.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Blue obviously the main rivals for us. Prize Camps wicket above all others and not because he's any good. :cool:

Mister Wright

Don't think 'The Heath' will get much of a bat if I'm bowling. Honestly anyone who gives themself a nickname is lame, and even lamer if you put The with it. Unless of course you're The Joker.

new_age_ar

No Su, so need some new targets.

Black - Borcich
Blue - Demeza
Red - Kennett
Colts - Thomas

Basicaly going to target the top seamers from each club. Not sure who I will target from Black if Borcich doesn't comeback, as the rest of their seamers are crap. Probably should target Pickup or Richards atleast that would be a challenge.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
No Su, so need some new targets.

Black - Borcich
Blue - Demeza
Red - Kennett
Colts - Thomas

Basicaly going to target the top seamers from each club. Not sure who I will target from Black if Borcich doesn't comeback, as the rest of their seamers are crap. Probably should target Pickup or Richards atleast that would be a challenge.
Spot the guy who can't bat in one day cricket.

new_age_ar

Technically an average of 30 odd, is par for CW domestic OD batsmen for some reason. There actually not that many guys that average above that for some reason. Well outside the Black top six.

Was quite surprised that my record wasn't that bad compared to most. Kearsley has played ODIs and he averages 26 for example.

Johnners

Add Mamesh to the list, for being overly egotistical on wickets that most certainly favour batsmen. That and because, as Smith said, for all the talk he can't bat in OD cricket.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Technically an average of 30 odd, is par for CW domestic OD batsmen for some reason. There actually not that many guys that average above that for some reason. Well outside the Black top six.

Was quite surprised that my record wasn't that bad compared to most. Kearsley has played ODIs and he averages 26 for example.
Was talking about the "their seamers are crap" line tbh.

Don't give a **** what you average in OD cricket.

new_age_ar

Was talking about the "their seamers are crap" line tbh.

Don't give a **** what you average in OD cricket.
Clearly I was refering to your FC pace attack. Why would I target Borcich, Demeza and Thomas in ODs. None of us play, unless I was going to target them in Grade Cricket.