• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Channel 9 Commentary Is Hurting Brain" Thread

honestbharani

and with regards to the awesome catch Collingwood took, the term unlucky was far from the most outrageous thing a commentator could say.
NO.. they were saying he was unlucky as in he was not having any luck like edging where no fielders were or having catches dropped off him.. And if it was Watson, why the hell did they show it with the caption "Ponting today" ??????????

Spark

Global Moderator
TBF, when Australia are fielding they don't have much to choose from :ph34r:
Why the :ph34r:? That's exactly the reason. Hence why they shouldn't just pick catches 'since the last segment' and show more genuinely 'classic' - ie. brilliant but older catches, or just dump it

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Surprised about the Greig hate, have always thought he was alright myself, though I suppose my exposure to him is probably more limited than most here.

GotSpin

He's rubbish. First thing he does when coming on is to tell me the scorecard and the fielding positions. Very helpful

Redbacks

NO.. they were saying he was unlucky as in he was not having any luck like edging where no fielders were or having catches dropped off him.. And if it was Watson, why the hell did they show it with the caption "Ponting today" ??????????
I think there was confusion as it happened in the same over. By making up for Strauss' drop it perhaps made people report that it was Ponting who had already been dropped.

Anderson to Watson, 1 run, 133.6 kph, dropped but it would have been a stunner. Wide from Anderson, Watson flashes hard and gets a top edge. Strauss leaps, one-handed at first slip but can't cling on. He had to change hands at the last minute

Anderson to Ponting, OUT, 133.8 kph, GONE! My oh my. What a catch. This makes up for Strauss's drop. Paul Collingwood has pulled off a ripper at third slip. Anderson gets some extra bounce which takes the shoulder of Ponting's bat as he pushed forward hard and Collingwood dives high to his right to pluck the ball out of the air.

Last edited:

honestbharani

I think there was confusion as it happened in the same over. By making up for Strauss' drop it perhaps made people report that it was Ponting who had already been dropped.

Anderson to Watson, 1 run, 133.6 kph, dropped but it would have been a stunner. Wide from Anderson, Watson flashes hard and gets a top edge. Strauss leaps, one-handed at first slip but can't cling on. He had to change hands at the last minute

Anderson to Ponting, OUT, 133.8 kph, GONE! My oh my. What a catch. This makes up for Strauss's drop. Paul Collingwood has pulled off a ripper at third slip. Anderson gets some extra bounce which takes the shoulder of Ponting's bat as he pushed forward hard and Collingwood dives high to his right to pluck the ball out of the air.
In the coverage, Nine did a "Ponting today" piece and showed that drop catch.. That's why I thought he was dropped.. :(

Spikey

to give the 9 commentators some rare praise, I thought their discussion about Hilf and perhaps going in too close to the stumps and so on was pretty good.

Spark

Global Moderator
to give the 9 commentators some rare praise, I thought their discussion about Hilf and perhaps going in too close to the stumps and so on was pretty good.
Chappelli's work, wasn't it? He's usually very good at that kind of thing.

Ruckus

Jesus Christ, Healy got enough air time today didn't he? Someone else mentioned how it seems he is on more than the others, and I'm inclined to think that has to be true.

JBH001

Anyone hear Warne calling the third umpire officious? Super officious? He seemed to mean it as a compliment, too.

Smudge

As bad as Channel 9 are - and mark my words, they are ****ing awful - nothing compares to the shower of ****e masquerading as a commentary team who broadcast the Hong Kong Sixes this year, the highlights of which I am watching right now. Words cannot describe the complete ineptitude that these ****wits are summoning up to create the worst commentary I have ever heard in any sport. Ever.

benchmark00

As bad as Channel 9 are - and mark my words, they are ****ing awful - nothing compares to the shower of ****e masquerading as a commentary team who broadcast the Hong Kong Sixes this year, the highlights of which I am watching right now. Words cannot describe the complete ineptitude that these ****wits are summoning up to create the worst commentary I have ever heard in any sport. Ever.
Link to highlights if possible?