• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian politics thread

TNT

Banned
you know i still think it's hilarious that the only reason morrison is the prime minister is because dutton tried to coup malcolm and then got owned in to oblivion
Nothing unusual, being in the right place at the right time is pretty much how every Prime Minister gets into power.

Shady Slim

oh undoubtedly it's just pretty funny to me how it went for dutton himself

he's rebounded well for himself, mind you, but for a progressive like me who's had liberal government for all but six years of his life that one week of coalition turmoil in august has been the biggest political highlight since, i don't even know, gillard brokering a minority government

TNT

Banned
Concerned Australians.

I know a guy who knows a guy who offers protection from the government. You send me $25 a month and I pass it on (I don't make any profit just administration fees) to the guy.

This guy has thousands of agents all over Australia who protect the people from the government, you wont see them and they wont make themselves known to you but they are there.

This will give you the freedom to walk around without the worry of the government abducting you to do experiments. You can sleep easy at night confident that the police wont break down the door and drag you off into the night never to be seen again.

Burgey

There are plenty of likable and dislikable people on both sides of politics. I have never heard of anyone so widely disliked as him by people who have to work with him, on both sides. Closest to him that I've heard was Rudd.

morgieb

There are plenty of likable and dislikable people on both sides of politics. I have never heard of anyone so widely disliked as him by people who have to work with him, on both sides. Closest to him that I've heard was Rudd.
Dutton or Morrison?

Spark

Global Moderator
This package looks very good. Still a few gaps here and there, and the month delay could cause problems, but overall this seems to be roughly what’s needed.

Redbacks

Yeah it's enough for me to pay the bills and get by if construction is shut down.

If it's backdated from the Feds hopefully some of the small businesses will cover the short term April costs of wages and still pay them to staff.

Redbacks

My partner works for a Swiss company, both her team members are on visa's :( Lucky for them her company is going to pay them the same $1500 but others might be in the **** and also not able to go home.

Redbacks

Overall pretty good. If the presser was right there's 6 million people on this and the total employment is 13mil so that's approx 46% of people affected

I think the biggest local shock the Aus economy could face is a whole bunch of mortgage defaults and one of the big 4 banks collapsing. This should prevent that.

GoodAreasShane

What should the police do just ignore it and stop checking.
That's just a bad take. Nobody here is defending people who refuse to isolate despite being ordered to do so.

I just think if someone had got a home police check to see they were following health protocol and then got in trouble because they had an old gatorade saxophone on their laundry shelf for example, that would set a deeply concerning precedent

Redbacks

A lot of the right are in denial now. Claiming the worst case scenarios are way overblow (well duh it's worst case) and we are moving towards a police state

TNT

Banned
A lot of the right are in denial now. Claiming the worst case scenarios are way overblow (well duh it's worst case) and we are moving towards a police state
The left are desperately trying to gain political advantage in a pandemic.

Redbacks

The left are desperately trying to gain political advantage in a pandemic.
I honestly don’t think they are. Possibly they are promoting way too big a stimulus which would cause economic damage if taken too far but I think it’s a unity ticket in most places in the world that the methods we are following are the way to go.

Even if by miracle this turns out to be overblown because asymptomatic cases are higher than known, that’s a pure guess that no decent government would ever operate from in the absence of real data.