• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
See Nick-o's post above - it's something I've also seen do the rounds in that diversion from the actual issue way.
Well yeah, his son is autistic. But it's neither here nor there to argue it as an implausible defence as its not been given as one.

cpr

There was so much unbelievable **** in that interview.

He was so ill that he 'could barely stand' when his son was taken to hospital, but was able to drive and pick them up from a hospital 'about 5 miles away' the next day
A week later he's recovered, but suddendly realises he had eyesight issues that didn't exist when he was at peak illness.
Decided to test his eyesight by getting everyone in the car for a drive, rather than going on his own. Completely a dangerous move if true, and not in any way a cover for the fact he'd taken his wife out for her birthday if untrue.
Gives such minute detail about all this activity when ill (how long stopped for, distance from car, distance people were away from him, wishing someone happy Easter), but once recovered and having a meeting with the PM about a serious breech of lockdown, airily states neither can remember details of the conversation 'due to the virus'

I really hope theres an investigative journalist still working on this, because this excuse is sheer and utter rubbish

And on cue we get the first ministerial resignation over this

Burgey

I don't know what this Douglas Ross bloke is generally like, but it's unusual to see a politician actually resign on principle these days rather than because of an enveloping scandal which they're involved with.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Calling a junior staff member in the Scottish Office a minister is a bit of a ****ing stretch. Literally a minister of **** all.

edit: although I do appreciate the irony of a unionist MP having to distance himself from the Westminster government.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Calling a junior staff member in the Scottish Office a minister is a bit of a ****ing stretch. Literally a minister of **** all.

edit: although I do appreciate the irony of a unionist MP having to distance himself from the Westminster government.
So an actual minister of the actual government of the UK is minister of **** all, but yet the Scottish government itself is somehow important/relevant/of susbtance. Hmmm. :ph34r:

grecian

I like how the Tory Twiiter machine, have gone with ~Scum media as an hashtag, which obviously I agree with. It's amazing that only having about 10 (including Sundays) of the country as Tory sycophants isn't enough, pure Trumpian.

Yet obviously there are Scum media, the scummiest.

_112477131_thesun.jpg

Honestly saying your doing it for your family, dubious in itself, but for the Country, okay Goebbels good point. There are certain facial similarities TBH, maybe that kid should be worried,.Yes ridiculous Hyperbole, but the Lügenpresse, or Stalin "the Press are the enemy of the people"thing is definitely a worrying trend in society ATM.

Uppercut

The story has made me realise how many more Tory shills on social media there are now. I remember centre-left types used to comment on how much more online abuse they got from the left than from the right, looking at their replies I very much doubt that's the case now.

grecian

The story has made me realise how many more Tory shills on social media there are now. I remember centre-left types used to comment on how much more online abuse they got from the left than from the right, looking at their replies I very much doubt that's the case now.
Well, I think it is Cummins that's very much got them organised, so I guess it isn't a surprise, where thankfully with Starmer around novamedia and the Canary seem to have less influence in the hellscape of twitter.

Uppercut

Well, I think it is Cummins that's very much got them organised, so I guess it isn't a surprise, where thankfully with Starmer around novamedia and the Canary seem to have less influence in the hellscape of twitter.
Oh yeah I'd be pretty sure it's orchestrated. Most other countries have had astroturfed nationalist campaigns of social media abuse, and Cummings is a big fan of the writers that documented those campaigns.

fredfertang

Am I missing something, or is it genuinely unclear how this "track and trace" Idea is meant to work?
Of course you're missing something - his Borisness has said we will have a world beating app by next Monday and I for one have absolute faith in his ability to deliver

grecian

I am not always the biggest fan of the way Marina Hyde is spaffed over by a certain bunch of people, probably maybe because she comes from a Toiry grandee family, one of which was Exeters mp for donkeys, oh and she ****ed Piers Morgan, which shows an huge lack of judgement.

Yet she's got Johnson's number over Cummings, IMHO probably because she grew up with people like Bo-Jo.

He wants to be PM, but doesn't want any of the responsibilty, or having to do any of the work, and Cumming is more than willing to do it for him, utterly co-dependent.

He wants to make grandiose statements about track-and-trace, but has no idea how to implement, well anything.

It is not unlike Trump and Miller/Mcconnell, neither Trump or Johnson actually want this job they're in, or what it "should" entail, just utterly narcissistically in love with the power of the title.