• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by anzac

1. A

Black Caps generic thread

as the Black Caps' season & international series have been completed, just thought I'd start this thread as a forum for continued discussion as there is obviously a lot to debate regarding the team..............
  2. A

managerial sports games

I've seen some managerial type sports games around for both cricket & football but don't know too much about them.... can anyone give me a low down on what they're about & the better ones to look for - both cricket & football, as I'm also aware that there are different producers (much like the...
  3. A

Changeing pitch characteristics????

What are the current Test pitch characteristcs at the various venues, and has this changed in any way?????? Eg * The Wacca no longer has the same sort of pace or bounce & The 'Gabba would probably have more of each in the last couple of seasons. *The SCG is no longer the spinner's track it was...
  4. A

NZL A in RSA

can anyone keep us posted as to how the tour goes - I know they started their 1st match yesterday but I can't find any news.............. :)
  5. A

New NZ Test match philosophy & team

It would appear from the recent series v RSA that NZ wants to adopt a more attacking style of batting to 'advance the game' to place themselves in a better position to win more matches. While this is an admirable strategy / philosophy, the question is do they possess the right disciplines, mix...
  6. A

C2004 recommended downloads / patches???

not sure if this posted last time 'round so I'll try again......... I'm hoping to get a copy of C2004 shortly & I'm aware that there are some bugs etc............. can anyone help recommending the better patches to fix these (if any)..... also any help re downloads for improved AI, gameplay...
  7. A

I wish to make a complaint........

This parrot, wot I bought here not more than half an hour ago........ ok - on a more serious note.........this is just a general observation to everyone regarding the recent / current tone of posts on a lot of threads......... it seems to me that while the legendary "terrace element" may be...
  8. A

Batting position roles

this may be one for all you coaches to answer......... it used to be that in Test cricket there were fairly defined roles for each place in the batting order from 1 - 6 (the traditional team selection being 6 batsman, 1 'keeper & 4 bowlers). While some of these roles may have been...
  9. A

England Academy - NZ A - Australia A - India A - And everyone else's second tiers...

The 'A' & Acadamy Teams Here's one for our local correspondants............. what are the recent squads & lineups for the various 'A' & or Acadamy teams & how have they performed. Even better if there is a link we can go to regarding results etc..... Thumbnail player profiles would be nice...
  10. A

Pakistan v New Zealand ODI series

try again minus the typo in the subject.......:duh: just thought we should start this as we were getting so far off topic on the Harris thread re team selection & players..... cheers :)
  11. A

Indian team selection & Captaincy

As a result of the recent debates in various threads I have decided to try and combine them all into one thread. I am particularly referring to the recent debates re the openers, Sehwag & Ganguly. At this point it appears to me that the general concensus is that Sehwag opens because there is...
  12. A

What are the better football (soccer) pc games?

I've only played EA FIFA, and want to update from my old 2001 game. :)
  13. A

NZ team for Indian tour

with Bond out, Astle still doubtful & Cairns in limbo, what are your ideas for a possible squad for the Indian Tour? With the recent changes to the NZ coach, management & selector panel etc, do we still look at the SL tour squad as the basis for the Indian tour squad, or could we see some...
  14. A

who are the genuine 'quicks'?????

does anyone have a definative indication as to the genuine 'quicks' in the game at the moment or some universal scale for determining the respective categories - fast / fast med / med fast / med / slow etc?????? I have been looking at the player data bases on Cricinfo for the test nations and I...
  15. A

The Good, The Bad etc......so far

ok with the Super Sixes places decided, lets see what we all think of this WC so far - my picks as follows......... THE GOOD Davidson - Canada Kenya - qualification into Super Sixes Zimbabwe - as above Canada - mainly as a result of Davidson THE BAD Shane Warne DISAPPOINTMENTS Pakistan West...