• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Cric123

1. C

No Kiwis in the Big Bash?

I think its because their international season overlaps. Would be nice to have Anderson, McCullum, Guptil and Munro. I don't like the idea of having a team from Asia in the Big Bash as some guy recently suggested, but it would be nice to either have Kiwi players in the current setup or maybe a...
  2. C

Kieran Powell Major League Baseball

Can't believe there hasn't be a discussion on this. I believe he is quite close to signing up for one of the MLB teams. Although I don't think baseball players will transfer well over to longer form of the game, I think a few might adjust quite well to T20 format. I actually think an American...
  3. C

How much do Sheffield Shield (state) cricketers earn?

Cricket Australia apparently made $300m in the season and the top players like Warner, Clarke made over $5m each (including endorsements). Isn't this too much? Sure, we want cricketers to be well paid so it attracts the best talent rather than going into other sports, but paying players obscene...
  4. C

Cricket is a dying game

I think T20s have revived it to some extent. But what happens when the novelty of T20s and the franchise leagues wear out over the next few years? Cricket will have played all its cards by then - the test game, one dayers and most recently, the T20s. I can see this with myself. I used to be...
  5. C

How much do Lords members pay for membership?

Does anyone know approximately know how much they contribute yearly? MCC seems to spend huge amount of money upgrading the Lords ground for the benefit of members without actually much boosting overall capacity. I noticed a plan to redevelop one area of the ground which would have boosted...
  6. C

Toss the coin and forget the rest

I know some of you will be saying all you need to do in test cricket is win the toss. I can assure you, it's not true. There have been plenty of teams down the years who have lost matches after winning the toss. If Australia get the really big total as they are expected now, they need to win...
  7. C

Test cricket and the huge advantage team batting first

It's a big problem in test cricket. It's not as big a problem in ODIs as it is in tests because of the much shorter length and the pitch doesn't wear out as much to have a massive impact on team batting second. In T20s, the toss barely plays a role as after as the pitch is concerned. In ODIs and...
  8. C

Is Cricinfo in cahoots with ICC?

Any time I want to publish a comment critical of the ICC it never gets published but all my other comments are. For example, I criticised ICC's decision to reduce the World Cup to 10 teams and suggested that it (ICC) was possibly a corrupt organisation and that the treat of rebel leagues popping...
  9. C

Nice to see couple of Associate players in the CPL

I suggested a few months back that each of the Big Bash franchise could provide a place to a player from the associate nations and it's nice to see the CPL has been proactive in this regard. There is an American and a Canadian playing in this year's tournament. It could be an incentive to raise...
  10. C

Some cricket fans are never happy

When you get exciting cricket as we did in the first four matches, people start saying it is becoming too in favour of batsmen, then when we get a more even contest between bat and ball as we saw in this match, people clamour for more of the same as the earlier games. I think this series has...
  11. C

Is bowling really fast (90mph and over) natural or a learned skill?

I have always wondered why Australia keeps producing quality high 80s-90mph bowlers whereas England rarely do. Matthew Wood is a nice change. Steve Finn was also destined to become a quality fast bowler before his setbacks. Is it something to do with coaching technique? Australia is renowned for...
  12. C

The three pacers for Australia for 1st test?

Australia have an abundant of riches in the fast bowling department at the moment and its going to be difficult decision the three they start with come the first morning at Cardiff. You'd have to assume Lyon will play. My hunch is they will go with Johnson, Harris and Siddle. The latter for...
  13. C

Bowlers should have five overs in T20s

If a bowler is bowling well and batsmen are struggling against him, before you know it, he is whipped off the attack. Five overs max will at least allow a bowler three overs a spell (as opposed to one or two).
  14. C

Does anyone get the awful feeling cricket is a dying sport?

Its rather similar to what's happening with baseball in America. I can't help feel both sports are on their last legs. I do understand it's not just cricket, the huge choices people have these days mean all sports are suffering, but one gets the feeling cricket is declining much faster than...
  15. C

England are playing 10 ODIs this summer

Five against the Kiwis and five against the Aussies. What purpose do these matches serve other than to generate gate money and fill up Sky TV schedule? These are equivalent to international football friendlies that England play from time to time whch football fans don't really care much for...