• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
D
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Correction: 2010's was standardised for 50 overs in England :P I meant as against early 90's. My bad.
    And that's just using Starfighter's table. Zorax - you should have been able to calculate this discrepancy instead of calling it a "mathematical impossibility", bowlers are bowling less wides and no balls per wicket that falls now and this is changing the rate of change between batting from bowling averages. It's not rocket science.
    It is 1.3 run difference contributing to the increased average. The run outs is 3.5 runs per no wicket minus 2.5 runs no wicket – 1 run per wicket.

But bowlers are bowling significantly less wides and no balls than before, and the difference is amplified by taking more wickets per game now.

The batting average 29.49 minus 27.08 runs per wicket or 2.41 runs per wicket.

The bowling average has increased by 0.48 runs per wicket.

So it would appear that the bowling of no balls and wides is leading to significant levels of change in batting averages as against the reduction in run outs is.
    In the 2010’s

8.4% of dismissals in the 10’s were run outs, batting average is 29.49, of which 8.4% of the times the bowlers did not get the wicket, an average per wicket of 2.48 runs per wicket. The difference between bowling average and batting average 33 runs – 29.5 runs = 3.5 runs per wicket. Wides and no balls average 1 run per wicket. There are also more dismissals now at 14.5 (1 run times 14.5 dismissals equals 14.5 runs per game). Nearly half the runs per game. Lets say 1.45 runs per 10 over bowler (again more in England, less for rain, but proportions remain the same).
    Hmmm,

So No Balls and Wides:

12.9% of dismissals in the 90’s were run outs, batting average was 27.08, of which 12.9% of the times bowlers did not get the wicket, an average per wicket of 3.49 runs per wicket. Yet the difference between batting and bowling averages 32.5-27.08 =5.42 = wides and no balls average 2 runs per wicket (2 runs times 13.7 dismissals per game 27.4 runs per game). Lets say 2.7 runs each 10 over bowler where most games were 50 overs each (more in England, less for rain).
    All that "try again" / "explain what do you mean by this very specific word" / "convince me" bullshit

And he's happy to take a thread off track when he's asking questions, but literally told me to go make another thread to discuss something when I asked him a question

I think he's probably legit on the spectrum somewhere, and wasn't use to what casual ****s we all are, so has now got into that victim mentality and can't just concede and shut up. He's still ****ing arguing about how what he proposed isn't 'mathematically impossible' because of noballs and wides. JFC.
    I mean, I'm just trying to figure out why he's annoying and how he turns all these threads into ****. Whether or not he gets driven off due to that depends entirely on him tbh
    I actually locked it on purpose to make sure the bowling post was right after the batting one. I did totally forget that after making those posts though, woops.
    Hey mate, just gonna have a break for the Ashes, I'll be back!!

This is a great place but it seems the Ashes turns good people into wankers (myself included probably lol)
    Sorry to hear about your aunt. Terrible stuff for you all. Just wanted to post it here . Thinking of you. x
    Going along alright. Work is pretty hectic and life keeps throwing out surprises but I'm still staying afloat. How are you doing these days? Firefighting?

Thanks for the tips on Malaysia and Singapore by the way. We had a pretty good time over there last year.
    Hey bro, how have you been? Been a long time and I didn't quite get the chance to say hi properly. Have you completely given up on cricsim?
    I thought I told you to go **** yourself. Never reply to my posts again or give me any likes. Pretend I don't exist and I'll do the same to you. It's for the best
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…