• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Fuller Pilch

1. F

Knighted XI v the rest

A few, but not that many, cricketers have been knighted. Some of them, however, are amongst cricket's greats (especially among top order batsmen). A quick Wikipedia search shows who is included. Pick a non-knights XI to play an XI of knights. Who would win? I'm picking the rest to win due to...
  2. F

Tony Lewis of DLS fame has died

As above https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/120785269/tony-lewis-codeveloper-of-crickets-duckworthlewis-method-dies-aged-78
  3. F

First to play 100 matches in all 3 formats will be...

Ross Taylor in all probability He's played 228 ODIs, and is due for his 100th T20 v India in the 5th game and his 100th test in the 1st test (currently on 99 not out for the shortest and longest formats).
  4. F

Hadlee and Philander and similar stats

I see that with big Vern about to finish his test career many of his stats are identical (or almost) with Hadlee - thanks Cricbuzz. Of course Hadlee is much higher for wickets, bags, and wpm but look at average, economy, and strike rate. Hadlee - 22.29, 2.63 per over, 50.8 sr Philander...
  5. F

Biggest difference in an individual's performance in 2 consecutive series

Just thinking after Davey Warner in the Ashes to Warner v Pakistan. Which other test series performances had huge contrasts of failure then success (or v versa)?
  6. F

Right handers v Left handers XIs

I think the righthanders would win pretty comfortably but the lefties would be more exciting to watch. (NB: I know some players use a different hand to bat/bowl, but I selected them by stronger suit.) What are your thoughts? Markram Pujara Williamson Smith Kohli Watling De Grandhomme/Holder...
  7. F

Netball

Good to see NZ beat England in the semis. South Africa look to have really improved under the coaching of Norma Plummer and will hopefully push on. The Silver Ferns vs Australia in the final but it starts 8am NZT on a Monday. It won’t replace the tragedy of Lords but hopefully we can win...
  8. F

Terrible names for cricket stadiums

I’m keen for women’s sport to grow, but this is terrible for the Basin: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/114307675/new-name-for-basin-reserve-suggested-support-womens-sport-basin-reserve#comments
  9. F

World Cup Bracket Challenge

This is a fantastic link for anyone trying to work out semi final permutations. It is also quite fun https://www.cricketworldcup.com/bracket-challenge
  10. F

Definitely deserves its own thread

For those who missed it: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19349/scorecard/1188785/rwanda-women-vs-mali-women-2nd-match-kwibuka-womens-twenty20-tournament-2019 The entire successful run chase: 0.4 4 Y Sangare to Nyirankundineza, FOUR runs, 0.3 1 Y Sangare to Uwimbabazi, 1 run, 0.2 1 Y...
  11. F

Net run rate watch

With a lot of competition to reach the semi-finals, I think net run rate will play a big part (and could ultimately decide who makes or misses the top 4). I therefore think it is worth keeping an eye on net run rate. So far Windies +5.8 England +2 SA -2 Pak -5.8
  12. F

Greatest All-Round Athlete Ever

Regarding Lomu he could've been a top class decathlete had he not gone down the rugby path. As you can see he rather dominated the junior athletics day at his school
  13. F

News flash: Australian test cricketers are drinking out of saucers

Apparently they've been losing all their cups.
  14. F

Did you know that Australian test cricketers have started drinking out of saucers?

They've started losing all their cups! :-)
  15. F

2018 World Test XI

I know that there are still 3 BDTs to be played, but it is getting to time when we start thinking about teams of the year. This year a lot of the usual batting suspects can't be considered with AB and Cook retiring, Warner and Smith's bans, and fairly underwhelming/poor performances from the...