• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
indiaholic

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Since the cranial vault seems to be a bit proto-human it might represent a middle-step between homo erectus and/or Neanderthals evolving into homo sapiens, since the specimen seems to be close to human but not quite there yet.

Might just be a morphological variation or defect though.
    There's two sets of models archaeologically in general to trying to explain human dispersal from Africa, one generates around a 130-100 thousand years ago dispersal, the other a 60-40 thousand year ago dispersal.

The latter is more accepted and has the most evidence (taphonomic bias no doubt playing a role) and there's been a lot of good genetic, fossil and lithic work on it that shows some sort of migratory event very likely happened at 70-40ka, albeit not necessarily the first. But there's a bit of evidence to show a 130-100k is likely too. Tbh, no one knows really since every model seems to have some major achilles heel going on despite how well evidence is portrayed.
    Yeah, I understood that it was more of a popular science-type book.. which is good. Many people think that CS is basically fiddling around with computers to get them to work. At its core, it goes far deeper than that.. it tries to answer what can and cannot be computed given the known computational models.

As Dijkstra put it... "Saying Computer Science is the study of computers is like saying that Astronomy is the study of telescopes.."

Computational/Mathematical thinking is indeed a very useful tool to have in many real-life situations.
    It's unlikely I'd be familiar with most of the material in it. :)

I use this book by Thomas Cormen as a Bible of sorts, to study algorithms. Have possessed that book for a decade and a half now, can't say I've properly understood more than 25-30% of it. :)
    Im not trying to get banned but I don't really give a **** anymore if I do tbh. And who said I'm a multi. Crazy talk.
    Hey. Know where I can find subtitles for malayalam movies? Specifically Pulimurugan.
    Yea need to talk to Howe about that. Problem is I've got such little free time now. And I think he's been busy too with the holidays and start of semester.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…