• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by jackbyrne91

1. J

**Official** England in the West Indies 2013-14

Squad announced for this + WT20 Tour party for the Caribbean S Broad (Nottinghamshire - captain) E Morgan (Middlesex - vice captain) M Ali (Worcestershire) R Bopara (Essex) T Bresnan (Yorkshire) J Buttler (Lancashire) J Dernbach (Surrey) H Gurney (Nottinghamshire) A Hales (Nottinghamshire) C...
  2. J

England's Problems (Potential answers?)

Seems to me we have a lot of problems right now. I would say that the majority of that is down to inconsistency in selections. 1) Batsmen. Nick Compton was dropped for seemingly being too inconsistent at the top of the order, he was also going slow - but it now seems like that may not have...
  3. J

Graeme Swann

Just reading about the ODI Squads (I know I'm a few days late). But why is it always listed that "Swann is being rested". He hasn't played an ODI since June. Why can't we just drop him? Because he is one of the enclosed group of the old boys club that England run by?
  4. J

Monty V Swann

Took it a bit further. Swann has a better strike rate, basically gets a wicket every 9.2 overs whereas Monty gets a wicket every 11.3 overs, although Monty has a better economy. I am not trying to say Monty is better than Swann - just intrigued as to what the stats said when I was thinking...
  5. J

Monty V Swann

So was having a look at the figures the last ten innings that Monty & Swann have played together. I just had a hunch that it always felt like Cook turned to Monty more, usually before Swann and he bowled better? These are the stats - make interesting reading. Is Monty the better bowler?
  6. J

Worst Commentators/Pundits XI

Having a think about this on the way to work this morning as I read this awful article from Alec Stewart that offered nothing other than stating the bleeding obvious. I also don't like listening to him, his voice, or anything he comes out with in general. BBC Sport - Ashes places up for grabs...
  7. J

Cricket Books

I'm off to Portugal for two weeks and want to take about 15 books with me so I don't have to talk to the Mrs and I can read for two weeks :ph34r: I've got "The Plan" by Steve James and some book about the gambling corruption in Indian Cricket. Anyone recommend any other recent Cricket books...
  8. J

Brian Lara Cricket 99 on Windows 7

I've got the disk version of BLC 99 for PC. My laptop runs Windows 7. I've searched Google for hours, tried installing different stuff, the game won't fully install off the disc, gets to 91% then gives an error -113 or something. Anyone any idea how I can get this working? (Idiot's guide...
  9. J

Brian Lara Cricket 99 on Windows 7

I've got the disk version of BLC 99 for PC. My laptop runs Windows 7. I've searched Google for hours, tried installing different stuff, the game won't fully install off the disc, gets to 91% then gives an error -113 or something. Anyone any idea how I can get this working? (Idiot's guide...
  10. J

Champions League Twenty20

Seen the squads were announced this morning (not seen this mentioned anywhere else) Out of 12 players who qualify for 2 teams, 10 of them have chosen to represent their away side (team who don't play in their home country). I find that ridiculous really, money talks - you are contracted...
  11. J

ODI's V Australia

No Cook, Swann, Bell, Anderson or Broad. Morgan to captain. Full squad to follow.