• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by John1990

1. John1990

Simon Harmer vs Nathan Lyon

Who is the better bowler?
  2. John1990

Which player past or present would you be?

You take their game, look like you still. You play for your own nation and county/team of choice. For me Rashid Khan. Afridi was close. Also Michael Holding was close.
  3. John1990

can u break into the 100/ipl/BB late 20s, 30s / 40?

With no pro cricket cv I read about a dude getting spotted at 40 in the ipl and played a couple of seasons i think timbi or something was his name bowling spin if one of us gets good enough to be competitive in t20 cricket how can we prove it? + get to be a net bowler and potentially get a...
  4. John1990

Cool dude list by country

Australia - Sir Donald Bradman England - Kevin Pietersen South Africa - Makhaya Ntini India - Sachin Tendulkar Pakistan - Shahid Afridi Afghanistan - Asghar Afghan West Indies - Sir Viv Richards Zimbabwe - Andy Flower Bangladesh- Shakib Al Hasan Ireland - Tim Murtagh New Zealand - Kane...
  5. John1990

Bradman uses this cricket bat and debuts in 2019 in test cricket

Bradman's choice of Willow : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41bmTx0mPqL._SX425_.jpg He uses all other modern equipment. He debuts in test cricket 2019 and has a 10 year career (he never gets dropped and plays every test). By the time he retires what does he average on...
  6. John1990

Ram Cricket 5 Star Match Ball

Anyone used one? Thinking of buying one to replace the one I have for practice. I currently use a Pavillion Grade 1 Men's ball - It's got Lord's The home of cricket on not that that's relevant. This is the ball I am talking about...
  7. John1990

Ravi Bopara vs Sachin Tendulkar

Is Bopara the epitome and proof that a poor man's Sachin Tendulkar exists? Does anyone else bat like Sachin even a tiny bit? Any other comparison's welcome like Smith being a poor man's Bradman. Poor man's is not to be taken literally, rather as a harmless phrase. It's an idiom not literal...
  8. John1990

Rashid Khan

By a weird fluke I went to make this thread and it's his birthday. So happy birthday to him. http://www.espncricinfo.com/afghanistan/content/player/793463.html 21 years old (today) and captains his country. 2/23 (T20I), 2/29 (T20I), 51 5/55 24 6/49 (test) and 13 3/26 (practice) are his last 4...
  9. John1990

Best cricket bats

Tell me, what are the best cricket bats right now? At some stage I want to play again. The CWC and Ashes has me tempted. I've hit a couple of tons and a whole shed load of fifties over the years albeit at an extremely suspect standard. My bowling used to be good, but progressively became ****...
  10. John1990

The disappointment of the 2019 Cricket World Cup being a 10 team World Cup

Watching the football World Cup and the sheer competitiveness of it is a stark reminder that expanding the World Cup would only be good for cricket, not bad for it. International football is more competitive than ever and has announced it is expanding to 48 teams for the 2026 World Cup. In my...
  11. John1990

Is it possible to get a notification when someone quotes me?

If so how? Thanks