• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Perm

1. Perm

Agriculture

Does anybody on CW farm the land, or have any previous experience of being a farmer?
  2. Perm

ATTN: Voltman

Were you at a pub somewhere watching the All Blacks play France? I'm sure I saw you on TV3 news.
  3. Perm

Death

It's inevitable, nobody can stop it, it touches every person. What I want to know is this - are you scared of death? When I was younger I was terrified about the prospect of having to die one day, but I now realise that there isn't anything we can do about it so why worry? We'll all die one day...
  4. Perm

Saving the World

One smile at a time :) Who's in? It's not hard, just smile at somebody you see today. It'll make their day and you might even get a smile back. Something needs to be done CW, I'm charging you with the responsibility.
  5. Perm

Life

Well guys and girls, it's time for some good old ass-patting, pyschological, pansy life-loving. Honestly, tell me now. How many of my fellow CW'ers paused today to think about their life as a whole and were happy? I'm not too sure on everybody's current personal life and stuff at the moment...
  6. Perm

ATTN: James90

Ring me, ****. This will go downhill quickly, but meh.
  7. Perm

Perm's English Story

English cricket is in a state of turmoil as twelve leading players have been handed bans for taking strike action against the English Cricket Board. The players, led by captain Michael Vaughan, openly expressed their disgust at the contracts offered to them last month, calling them “disgraceful”...
  8. Perm

Quick question

In response to a discussion in another thread and a suggestion by andyc I decided to open this thread and poll, just to see what people on CW think. Oh, and due to the seriousness of the question there is no irrelevant 3rd option.
  9. Perm

Adjusting averages

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/itfigures/archives/2008/08/adjusting_averages_to_account.php Very interesting article, raises some good points. Pretty basic statistics, but thought-provoking all the same.
  10. Perm

Career advice

Just a general thread, but I'd like to make use of it first up. As some of you will be aware, I'm a Journalism student, currently halfway through the first year of a 3 year course. By the time I'm finished (end of 2010, I'll be 20) and I want to be able to have a proper journalism job at the...
  11. Perm

ATTN Brumby, DCC, Rugby Union Fans

http://www.rugbynews.co.nz/rugby_vacancies/ Thoughts? Strongly contemplating applying, but I don't really know what the strength of competition is like. #22, London Division 4 club, how good/big are those guys? I've played 3 years of 1st XV/U18 rugby, represented Otago Country at U14 and U16...
  12. Perm

Legalising marijuana - should it be done?

Right, well I know this could differ across the world but I think marijuana is illegal in most countries. What are your thoughts on that? Should it be legalised?
  13. Perm

A tribute....

to the great James Stedman I reckon he is the least appreciated guy around here, and definitely one of the coolest guys I've talked to. Want to catch up for a beer with this guy, he'll go far in life,
  14. Perm

FC All-rounders

Right, something that's had my attention for the last few days has been all-rounders in First Class cricket and how their performances matched up against each other. I'm particularly keen on hearing about events/stories/players/statistics from after WWII, with the likes of Mike Procter, Clive...
  15. Perm

Bi-monthly

In light of this conversation with Mr Casson, the question has been asked. What do you think bi-monthly means?