• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Pup Clarke

1. Pup Clarke

Most iconic moments of the decade

A thread to post what your highlights of the decade were. You don't have to have been at the ground, but relived the experience through TV Not in chronological order and I've narrowed it down to 5 Peter Siddle hat-trick (Ashes 2010/11) Mitchell Johnson overall performance (Ashes 2013/14) Dale...
  2. Pup Clarke

Criteria for selection

Are we at time in cricket where one gets selected just as much for his off-field traits (good bloke around the dressing room etc) and "personality" as opposed to being picked on merit? Obviously guys like Maxwell and Dernbach are prime examples of this, to a lesser extent Bopara too . Could it...
  3. Pup Clarke

Do you wonder...?

Might seem quite a strange question to ask but I'll fire away. Anyone else wonder if CW'ers are different from the other friends you have? Just been thinking about this recently.
  4. Pup Clarke

What bat do you use?

http://www.files2net.com/files/215085918/GN Lazer.jpg Got this beauty for under £200 last August, a really exceptional bat IMO and pretty reasonably priced, also what weight do you roughly like your bat to be? Mine is 2.9lbs.
  5. Pup Clarke

Flora n' Fauna thread

Never used to be interested in this sort of thing, however...over the last couple of years since I've hopefully matured I've taken a more keener interest when going out for walks. I've been quite surprised at the things you can find locally as there's quite a number of parks round here. If...
  6. Pup Clarke

Tired of Sport?

With the amount now shown on TV I'm now starting to realise that there is far too much even IMO for sport lovers. I've always been into playing and watching a whole variety but the amount now shown has left me feeling a bit fatigued and bored. Maybe if there was less on TV the hunger and...
  7. Pup Clarke

Is Ross Taylor being overhyped as a Test player?

I mean the guy's had one good series and I've heard from some quarters that he's supposedly NZ's best batsman ahead of Oram and Vettori. :blink: Plus his god awful technique that will be exposed by every left armer in test cricket, I was basically cringing when Sidebottom was bowling to him...
  8. Pup Clarke

Mental Side of Cricket

This may be a tough question to answer but have a look... I'm a leg spin bowler who excels at net practise as I don't feel pressure bowlingat some very good players who I can regulary dismiss. I'm usually selected for matches on the back of my net performances but haven't really excelled for...
  9. Pup Clarke

Curve

Was bowling in the indoor nets yesterday (I bowl leg spin) and after a couple of overs bowling the ball suddenly started to curve massively into the batsmen and obviously spun away from him which meant he basically couldn't lay a bat on it. What is curve down to?
  10. Pup Clarke

Australian Open Predictions Thread

Day 1 - worth 1 point Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) v Andy Murray (GBR) (9) Viktor Troicki (SRB) v Rafael Nadal (ESP) (2) Andy Roddick (USA) (6) v Lukas Dlouhy (CZE) Richard Gasquet (FRA) (8) v Nick Lindahl (AUS) Paul Capdeville (CHI) v Brydan Klein (AUS) Michael Llodra (FRA) v Nikolay...
  11. Pup Clarke

What will become of Dwayne Bravo?

The man burst on to the scene in England with his enthuiasim, ability to break and partnership and make valuble runs. Is this a player who's obvious love of the game makes up for his averageish figures and who will be in the team alone on his personality and not skill with bat and ball? I've...
  12. Pup Clarke

Anyone else bored of Christmas?

It might come across as being depressing but after 17 years it's come to stage where I don't really enjoy it any more like it's become a ritual that you have to do. I've got most presents that I've wanted so I also not sure on what to get - Damn Christmas Songs every year - Seeing the same old...
  13. Pup Clarke

What other areas of CW do you use?

Don't think we have another thread about this (:unsure:) Was interested to whether people went on to Fantasy Cricket, Stats Spider, Coaching etc I personally mostly come on the forum and sometimes visit Fantasy Cricket.
  14. Pup Clarke

How come...

I've noticed that some people post messages but it says they are logged off, how can you do this :unsure:. The likes of Perm and SJS to name a couple aren't online while posting.
  15. Pup Clarke

Football on YouTube

Post all the different videos that can be found on YouTube here.