• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Shady Slim

1. Shady Slim

CW Names the Top TV Show of All Time: Countdown!

we've voted and now it's time to rank them all up! i'll give you the also-rans, first, before counting the top 19 (because we had a tie for twentieth place) down with a bit of a summary of the show and all that jazz. get excited for a countdown!! @PEWS, or for that matter anyone else who's not...
  2. Shady Slim

Your Vices

everyone has their vices, some are more exotic than others and some are more unorthodox than others, but what is yours? special call to gnske and neppers neptune to not get this thread locked before it fires up for me it's up and go's. i go through two no sugar up and go's a day and i can't...
  3. Shady Slim

CW Names the Top TV Show of All Time

given we have stephen's fast bowler countdown winding to a close, and that i'm quite a fan of these countdowns, and that i really should contribute something to this forum other than dire shitposting and my politics, i figured why not buck up and do one of these myself? was naming my top 25...
  4. Shady Slim

Mandela Effect

most of you have probably heard of the mandela effect, it’s when a large group of people incorrectly remember something the wrong way and believe it was always the way they remember, named after a lot of people thinking mandela died while he was on robben island during his imprisonment - what...
  5. Shady Slim

Awful people you still engage with

inb4 gnske says that hitler's art is underappreciated inb4 someone says a fellow member so i just got thinking from the hate their personality love their game thread in the sports sub - who are some absolutely odious people that you still engage with the creations of? singers, actors, and so...
  6. Shady Slim

The Mankad

in cricket, we have a lot of pride in being the gentleman’s game, and one of the ways we show this is by frowning on people who mankad a batsman with no warning... we’re pretty much the only sport that frowns upon a completely legal and, in a by the book sort of reading, completely legitimate...
  7. Shady Slim

Australia is on fire.

i believe this was the wednesday of last week these were taken at kiama click and they get bigger tbh
  8. Shady Slim

people who aren't cricketers draft pt deux

please read all of the rules or you're a huge nerd with no friends i tried to run this draft a while ago and it was a boatload of fun but then hitler got picked and it all got a bit on the nose and petered out; here i am running it again! the rules: -signups for the general public will open...
  9. Shady Slim

cricketing implications of mugabegate

so movements are gonna be made to impeach mugabe if he doesn't resign in the next four hours of my posting this cricket zimbabwe is in shambles and zimbabwe as a nation is too so here's my question are there any cricketing implications to mugabe's deposition? maybe teams would be more likely...
  10. Shady Slim

enlightened hippies who consume soy products and do yoga

so inspired by hendrix's cacao nibs comment (which i do now intend on trying) i searched for a yoga thread bc i'm an avid yoga doer and i couldn't find one so here's a thread for all that culture, doing yoga or other zen inducing activities, eating organically then obnoxiously telling everyone...
  11. Shady Slim

Mediocrity Voting

very important that you read the rules and follow the structure - we'll have to look at the data first off i'd like to thank everyone for a great draft, sorry i'm a horrendous draft manager so thanks for sticking around here are the voting rules you rank the three best and three worst teams -...
  12. Shady Slim

Mediocrity Draft

this is not a draft where you draft the worst team you can, it is a draft where you draft the most bog average mediocre "eh" team that you can not bad enough to be offensive, just "eh" so like who's in
  13. Shady Slim

player comparisons

inspired by this get out your best player/poster comparisons
  14. Shady Slim

weirdest scorecards

so i have stumbled across this game and it's absolutely absurd 1st Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Galle, Jul 4-7, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo there is so much absurdity in this scorecard i don't know where to begin what are the strangest looking scorecards you've seen? the reason...
  15. Shady Slim

Intl. LMS

it stands for last man standing what happens is you pick a winner of each test match and ODI (i think that T20 is too much of a lottery, can change it to just tests based on the opinion) and you are eliminated when you get one wrong have picks in and final two hours before the match starts...