• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by Vijay.Sharma

1. V

ICC team ratings relevance

I thought this should be a separate thread from the players' ratings thread. Here's the FAQ for it - http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/ugc/documents/DOC_316C4ECFB1FDC31284D768163CA1CBCD_1295335858633_724.pdf
  2. V

ICC player ratings relevance

I personally think that the ICC ratings are a good way of determining points per a game because they claim to use different aspects of the game while devising the number. Here's a copy-paste of what they do - Of course they will never satisfy ever fan's criteria and I guess that is a given...
  3. V

Any facts about wet wickets?

Since I am interested in knowing what really was the impact of wet wickets and how often people played on them, and who was & who wasn't successful on it, I am starting a new thread. Since people swear about these wet wickets and sticky dogs and "back in the day all was more difficult and hence...
  4. V

Some golden oldies...

Some nice videos from the past - The Master, Jack Hobbs JACK HOBBS THE WORLD FAMOUS CRICKETER - British Pathe Check out Jack "only slow motion can show his bowling" Gregory's action - damn neat, he has something like a pre-leap leap just before his bowling stride. And, is Arthur Mailey playing...
  5. V

What is a crisis situation in Test cricket?

This is a spin off from the thread that Sumantra started. I was hoping he would define "crisis situation" but as it is apparent he hasn't gotten to quantify it other than leave at the level of perception. I call upon you all to help in defining 'crisis situation' although it is a very...
  6. V

The wet wicket performance eye opener

Eliciting some thoughts from some of our senior citizens here on this piuece which I shared on rsc some time ago... In any case how many innings would a batsman have played on wet wickets those days. The way people refer to wet wickets it gives the impression they would've played at least 50%...