• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
NZTailender

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You racist bastard

On that note who do you think is the most racist new member
    You've been admitted to the platinum lounge.

I'll send you your admission code on facebook messenger.
    Yeah the film adaptation left a lot to be desired tstl. I wouldn't bother with it.

Remains of the Day is great though. My clear favourite. The film is gun as well actually, but if better if you've read the book first.
    Haha it's actually one of my least favourite of his books, just because I found it very difficult emotionally. But objectively speaking yeah can see it's great. Very prescient as well re:many kegal/ethical issues regarding uses of technology etc. Right up my street tbh. In fact maybe I should read it again haha
    Just a reminder that tomorrow (or today as it will already be where you are) is the cut off of you want to wish anyone a Happy New Year
    Haha can you remember my name?

If so it's my first name, followed by a dot, followed by my surname, then "1", at gmail.com
    Thanks mate. Likewise. Appreciate that conversations here remain pretty high quality despite there being a wide cross section of views being represented.
    Watch Detectorists, ****. Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook walking around with metal detectors. Nothing not to like.
    Yeah, he's gun. I might try finish the rest of his catalogue in the next few months. Reading the Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff atm (and slogging through the Dark Tower series by Stephen King).

On an unrelated note, have you ever watched Detectorists? It's ****ing great, and I imagine it would be right up your street.
    Yeah I think I'm going to start working my way through all his books. Really enjoy his writing.
    Possibly. I'm a big fan of his, but strangly enough that's not one I have read. The Unconsoled and The Remains of the Day are excellent as well (epecially the latter), you should definitely pick them up.
    Haha yeah, went in the can about a month ago I think.

I don't think I've ever read that one - any good?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…