• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
D
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Please see trundler’s latest post in the ‘5000 for Fiery’ thread
    On my way to the airport and just saw a petrol station called ‘galp’
    Sledger should definitely be a GALPer giving his recent self appointed mod position. Not sure who else
    Yes, he did.

That press conference remark was a matter purely pertaining to Pakistan and their storied history with the Bengalis, and yet the blinkered prick had to somehow spin India into it.
    Haha "deemed consent" immediately sounds very dodgy to me. But that is probably neither here nor there for present purposes.

And yeah, the right in the EU legislation has a lot of carve outs as well. Like most rights I suppose.

Probably don't need a lawyer to write to Google straight off the bat though. I should imagine Google has its own procedure for this, where the individual can just write directly themselves and make their request. Prob only need to get the lawyers involved if things kick off from there.

And anytime haha.
    Yeah that's essentially it. You could use the GDPR to get Google Europe to take the results down if they are available here, but that would be from European servers etc. only, which probably would not help you much if the issue is employers in Singapore who would not be accessing this anyway.

If the indexing in question is done by Google in Singapore then the best way would be to go through domestic law. Singapore has its own data protection legislation I think... and most data protection laws are based on those in the EU, so should have an equivalent "right to be deleted/forgotten"...
    No worries. It is nice to have the chance to discuss things I actually know about haha.

And no, the GDPR has extra-territorial effect and is not based on nationality. It will apply to any data processing (i.e. any use of data - such as posting it online) to any company that is "established" in the EU, or is established outside the EU but processes the data of individuals (regardless of nationality) based in the EU, or offers EU-based individuals products and services.

Neither might be applicable in your situation though... Where is Google in Asia/Singapore based?
    In your situation I imagine Google would accept such requests though. "Spent" criminal convictions that are no longer on a person's record are unlikely to be of interest to the public, I shouldn't have thought. Unless their conviction was for a very serious crime that would raise long term questions about their suitability for working in specific professions (e.g. a convicted *** offender attempting to get a job that involved working with children etc.)
    I imagine that is a fairly common issue tbh. The case I mentioned dealt with facts very similar to the situation you mention. In short the answer is yes, the individual has a right to have this information removed, and so if they write to Google or whoever asking for it to be deleted it should be. But, if Google believes (in the context of the rights of the individual to have the info deleted vs the rights of the public to know) that there is a overriding public interest in keeping the info up, they may refuse. If that happens then the next step is going to court.
    Yeah you have a right to be delisted from search engine results, but it's not an absolute right and has to be balanced against the public interest in the information being kept up (e.g. if someone was a convicted fraudster they would be a public interest in that info being available). The Google Spain case is the main thing to read here.

Is there something specific you need to know? I'm sure I can dig something out of my extensive archives haha
    I mean he definitely shouldn't be starting fights on the internet in such a case anyway.
    My job doesn't really let me post here as much for several reasons.

Not gonna miss the WC tho.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…