• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. morgieb

Kusal Mendis arrested after being involved in fatal road accident

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29412282/kusal-mendis-arrested-being-involved-fatal-road-accident This seriously blows. Terrible to hear.
  2. morgieb

Do you have access to Subscription TV?

Made a similar thread many years ago, but over the last ten years the nature of subscription television has changed significantly from traditional cable/satellite towards SVOD. Obviously the former still exists, but I know of plenty of people that have ditched the former for the latter. Option...
  3. morgieb

What are you eating right now?

Corned beef with potatoes, cabbage, carrots and white sauce. Delicious. Will also make awesome lunches/rubens/bubble + squeak.
  4. morgieb

Your Favourite Restaurant/Takeaway Joint

Inspired by people's default McDonald's/pizza order, but would be keen to know what people love out of all restaurant options. Does not need to be anything well-known, it's all your choice. My favourite in Sydney would have to be a burger joint known as Bar Luca. Their Blame Canada (which is...
  5. morgieb

Team of the Year 2019

Admittedly still two Tests in play, but one looks done and the other looks reasonably clear-cut too. 1. Mayank Agarwal 2. Tom Latham 3. Marnus Labuschagne 4. Steve Smith 5. Babar Azam 6. Ben Stokes 7. BJ Watling 8. Pat Cummins 9. Neil Wagner 10. Nathan Lyon 11. Mohammed Shami Openers - those...
  6. morgieb

*Official* Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019 (Tests)

Surprised at no tour thread given the series starts in three days and the squads have been announced. Given it's Pakistan's first Test series in Pakistan in 10 years too, it's also quite significant. Test dates: 11/12 1st Test, at Rawalpindi PAK SL 19/12 2nd test, at Karachi PAK SL...
  7. morgieb

Player ratings thread

Standard Test tour subbie thread. Obviously add your own. Burns 8 - lucky ton? Perhaps. But a ton is still a ton, and it put England in a position that should've been quite strong. Roy 2 - not up to scratch. That shot in the second innings has to be amongst the worst of all time given the match...
  8. morgieb

The Political Compass Test

You are a left social libertarian. Left: 6.4, Libertarian: 6.1 Foreign Policy: On the left side are pacifists and anti-war activists. On the right side are those who want a strong military that intervenes around the world. You scored: -6.35 Culture: Where are you in the culture war? On the...
  9. morgieb

Best and Worst Teams Thus Far?

Koyal Kamplers 1. Kraigg Brathwaite 2. KL Rahul 3. Kusal Mendis 4. Joe Root * 5. Dinesh Chandimal + 6. Shaun Marsh 7. Wiaan Mulder 8. Mehedi Hasan 9. Tim Southee 10. Kyle Abbott 11. Stuart Broad Deep Backward Square CC Tamim Iqbal Shubman Gill Mosaddek Hossain Karun Nair Shakib al Hasan...
  10. morgieb

Royal Samplers

Coming to a possible simulated league near you. 1. 2. 3. Kusal Mendis 4. Joe Root * 5. Dinesh Chandimal + 6. 7. 8. Tim Southee 9. Kyle Abbott 10. Stuart Broad 11.
  11. morgieb

Worst Player to Play 50 Tests?

Probably a better question than the 100 Test one as everyone who hit 100 Tests was at least Test-class for most of their careers. Ashraful probably the standout. Discounting Bangladesh, maybe Ramprakash or Giles?
  12. morgieb

Team of the Year 2017

Strictly not the end of 2017, but given the only Tests left are the 4-dayer (which shouldn't really count) and a dead rubber, now's a fair time to start I feel. 1. Elgar 2. Rahul 3. Pujara 4. Smith 5. Williamson 6. Shakib 7. de Kock 8. Philander 9. Rabada 10. Lyon 11. Anderson Lot of toss-ups...
  13. morgieb

Player Ratings thread

As is customary for every series that is big enough to demand a subforum. Cook 1 - dear god. Probably couldn't do a lot about his first innings dismissal tbf, but that was not a shot that should've been played that early in the second innings. Very poor work. Stoneman 7 - can feel proud of the...
  14. morgieb

Ireland and Afghanistan to be awarded Test status in 2019?

This article seems to think so.... Ireland set for Test status ? and a date at Lord?s | Sport | The Times & The Sunday Times Will wait for another source, but great news if true!
  15. morgieb

Ireland and Afghanistan to be awarded Test status in 2019?

This article seems to think so.... Ireland set for Test status ? and a date at Lord?s | Sport | The Times & The Sunday Times Will wait for another source, but great news if true.
  16. morgieb

CW Cricket v. 4.0

Yes, it might be coming back. Yes, I did screw the pooch massively on this one: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/55978-cwxi-return-kinda.html. And for that matter a lot of things I've ran here....my track record on CS better but that's harder to prove to a lot of you. One of the...
  17. morgieb

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

Tour still a couple of months away but putting up the thread as the squad for the tour has been named. ~ DATE AND TIME MATCH WEATHER Tue Jul 26 - Sat Jul 30 10:00 local (04:30 GMT | 14:30 AEST | 14:00 ACST | 12:30 AWST) 1st Test - Sri Lanka v Australia Pallekele International Cricket...
  18. morgieb

Have batting standards massively declined in recent years?

Watching cricket recently, I have noticed one thing - if pitches even have a little bit of juice in them then the games are generally quite low-scoring. Now I didn't watch that game, but I have had the misfortune of having to read a 30 page debate on the pitch condition of the India/South...
  19. morgieb

Playing Selector: Final Spot for the Team of the 1990's

Qualification: Varies. 1000 runs + 50 wickets for all-rounders. Anyone who got a vote on the batting polls qualifies, and I have a few select names out of those that scored between 2000-3000 runs in the 90's.
  20. morgieb

Playing Selector: 4th Bowler of the Team of the 1990's

Qualification: Must have garnered a vote in either the pace bowler or spinner poll.