• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. A

In Before the Knighthood: A Thread for Shimron Hetmeyer

Magnificent. Stupendous. Quite good really. If you've not seen him yet, do yourself a favour and skip to 13.06 and watch the beginning stages of a great career. They're gonna name a grandstand after this kid one day.
  2. A

Channel 9's "Forged in Fire" Ashes documentaries

Some of the Aussie posters may have caught these on TV when they were on last month, but I thought I'd draw attention to them for those who've not seen them. They sweep across all the Ashes contests from 1970-71 to 2010 with particular focus on the 74-75, 89 and 2005 series. Definitely worth...
  3. A

Peter Roebuck tears Zimbabwe Cricket a brand new rectal orifice

Zimbabwe turns on PR spin, but same old crooks run show Zimbabwe turns on PR spin, but same old crooks run show PETER ROEBUCK February 27, 2010 EVERYTHING and nothing has changed in Zimbabwe and Zimbabwe Cricket. Of course, the two are inextricably connected. The links between the senior...
  4. A

Rank the world's first class competitions in order

I suspect this will be difficult to do as most of us are only familiar with one or two competitions at best and have no real basis for judging the other ones. However I'm hoping it'll be possible to put together a league table of sorts based on things like national team depth, youth...
  5. A

Shakib Al Hasan vs The Great All Rounders

Inspired by the Watto vs Sobers thread, I've looked up the test stats for a number of the greatest all rounders of all time after they'd played their first 14 matches, which is the tally Shakib's career stands at now. Of course Shakib's stats are slightly inflated by the recent series against...
  6. A

Jamie Siddons has been appointed coach of Bangladesh

http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=462 Delighted with this bit of news tbh There's been some worryingly unexceptional (in terms of coaching pedigree) names thrown around in the Bangladeshi press lately, including those of Gordon Greenidge and Colin Miller. To emerge with Jamie...