• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Smudge

CW Member interviews

1) Age, location, occupation 2) I'll be honest – I'm a narcissistic ****er, so I don't really take much notice of others. So that makes my role as interviewer a little difficult – especially when combined with my lack of interest in research. Anyway, my shoddy 40-year-old memory suggests you're...
  2. Smudge

CW Mastermind

Hello colleagues, Just a little project I've been thinking about during these quiet times. Here is my idea: - People sign up and nominate their Mastermind topic (bearing in mind it needs to be something that I can research using the internet) - I will then arrange and record Skype/Zoom calls...
  3. Smudge

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

I'm just a bit worried that's not the only thing she'll want to bite really hard. Which, if you're into that, is fine.
  4. Smudge

Chatfield falls agonisingly short of ton in final match

What an unassuming bloke who was an absolute cult hero in NZ in the 1980s: https://www.stuff.co.nz/good-reads/110138719/the-naenae-express-ewen-chatfield-retires-from-club-cricket-at-68 [/FONT][/COLOR]
  5. Smudge

Tinder Lines

This is legit, from my own Tinder interactions. I don't think she quite got my smutty undertones.
  6. Smudge

Best Looking Cricket Grounds

Not exactly pretty, but I did enjoy my season playing for Coldstream CC in Mid Canterbury. It was the ultimate rural club - the ground was a paddock with traditional No 8 wire fencing around the outside. We got changed and sat outside the hall across the road before crossing the road to go in to...
  7. Smudge

Best bot thread starter

Take your pick.
  8. Smudge

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

LOL. That is an atrocious review.
  9. Smudge

Forum

Don't you EVER speak like that to a senior poster like me again or . . .
  10. Smudge

Muppet-esque dismissals

Happened upon highlights of the NZ v Aus women's T20 international from yesterday. This run-out of Leigh Kasperek has to be up there as one of the most amateur ways to get oneself out at international level: https://youtu.be/BR2O7l24iyM?t=21m39s That link will take you straight to the replay...
  11. Smudge

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Fantastic story. And the Buller boys sure know how to party...
  12. Smudge

Question for Aussies

"Will they sell us out like sponge cake?"
  13. Smudge

Is 'Marge on the Lam' the best Simpsons ep?

I can't help but think of this scene and how neatly it sums up the current episodes...
  14. Smudge

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Made (the last week) Been on a six day-long South Island road trip. Had my cousin's wedding here last week (not my photos): Two days with family with beer, single malt whisky and Cuban cigars. Then went up to Mapua in the Nelson region for a night, including a wander down this beach: After...
  15. Smudge

ICC - Ruining Everything Since Forever

"So they marched day and night by the Sky camera tower... ICC wore the pants but the caravan had the power..."
  16. Smudge

CWers - where are they now?

I was having a nostalgic read through some old threads this morning and spotted some members who haven't been seen for some time. As such, I thought it would be good to find out where they are - truthful or otherwise. If you know what someone is up to, let us know - or indeed, if you would like...
  17. Smudge

New Zealand squad

Team named today: http://www.allblacks.com/news/17223/All-Blacks-squad-named-for-2011-Rugby-World-Cup Thoughts: Props: largely pick themselves. The Franks brothers were morals, and I'm guessing they believe they can get Woodcock up to speed more easily than trying to fix Crockett's technical...
  18. Smudge

TV Coverage - ICC fail again

Once again, the ICC have made a hash of (I assume) tendering out the broadcast contract. By the looks of it, it's the same OB/directing crews who did the last Twenty20 World Cup where I complained my tits off. What is their insistence on using the low-down long-off camera for the occasional live...
  19. Smudge

John Wright new NZ Coach

John Wright to coach Black Caps - cricket - sport | Stuff.co.nz