• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Smudge

CW Mastermind

Hello colleagues, Just a little project I've been thinking about during these quiet times. Here is my idea: - People sign up and nominate their Mastermind topic (bearing in mind it needs to be something that I can research using the internet) - I will then arrange and record Skype/Zoom calls...
  2. Smudge

Chatfield falls agonisingly short of ton in final match

What an unassuming bloke who was an absolute cult hero in NZ in the 1980s: https://www.stuff.co.nz/good-reads/110138719/the-naenae-express-ewen-chatfield-retires-from-club-cricket-at-68 [/FONT][/COLOR]
  3. Smudge

Best bot thread starter

Take your pick.
  4. Smudge

Muppet-esque dismissals

Happened upon highlights of the NZ v Aus women's T20 international from yesterday. This run-out of Leigh Kasperek has to be up there as one of the most amateur ways to get oneself out at international level: https://youtu.be/BR2O7l24iyM?t=21m39s That link will take you straight to the replay...
  5. Smudge

CWers - where are they now?

I was having a nostalgic read through some old threads this morning and spotted some members who haven't been seen for some time. As such, I thought it would be good to find out where they are - truthful or otherwise. If you know what someone is up to, let us know - or indeed, if you would like...
  6. Smudge

New Zealand squad

Team named today: http://www.allblacks.com/news/17223/All-Blacks-squad-named-for-2011-Rugby-World-Cup Thoughts: Props: largely pick themselves. The Franks brothers were morals, and I'm guessing they believe they can get Woodcock up to speed more easily than trying to fix Crockett's technical...
  7. Smudge

TV Coverage - ICC fail again

Once again, the ICC have made a hash of (I assume) tendering out the broadcast contract. By the looks of it, it's the same OB/directing crews who did the last Twenty20 World Cup where I complained my tits off. What is their insistence on using the low-down long-off camera for the occasional live...
  8. Smudge

John Wright new NZ Coach

John Wright to coach Black Caps - cricket - sport | Stuff.co.nz
  9. Smudge

Attn: all aspiring Aussie communications/journo types who love cricket

This just appeared on my SEEK Jobmail email today: Me want cookies! Don't think it'd pay enough for me (and I wouldn't get the job anyway) but knock yourselves out.
  10. Smudge

Shaking hands with the Grim Reaper

Something we were discussing at the pub the other night. How close have you come to death? Probably two instances for me: 1) When I was 6, I had bacterial meningitis - I was not feeling well at all so mum took me to our local doctor. Luckily for me, the doctor had seen a case of meningitis a...
  11. Smudge

Battle Of The Members VI Fixed Odds

Finally completed. Market set at 170% which is a tiny bit greedy on my part, although it is a wide field, so if several people get all over one member (:naughty:) then I will be up for plenty of liability. That is, if this was actually real. And for all you Poms, I'm not using the fractions...
  12. Smudge

Twenty20 World Cup TV Coverage

Does anyone know who the host broadcaster is? I haven't seen a full game yet, but I watched the highlights of the NZ v Sri Lanka game, and - well - the directing was nothing short of awful. I'm unsure if the director/vision mixer has ever worked on a cricket match before - the camera cuts were...
  13. Smudge

No more no-balls for Heef?

Heath Davis looks on the bright side | Stuff.co.nz
  14. Smudge

Strangest Cricinfo profile pics

Early frontrunner: I know he's a ladies' man, but c'mon...
  15. Smudge

Cairns: "Hero? Me? Never"

Interesting little spat developed in the NZ media over the last few days. Joseph Romanos - who I have some time for, due to his prolific book-writing came out with this: Now to describe Chris Martin and Richardson as 'heroes' is pushing it - folk heroes, maybe, but that is more an...
  16. Smudge

Test bowling - Danny Morrison v Chris Martin

And no, it's not a battle of their batting - Danny takes that hands down, which'll be the first time in his history that you could say that about Morrison's batting. During the test today, they flashed up NZ's top wicket-takers and I was struck by how similar Morrison and Martin's records were...
  17. Smudge

Coupon code

I'm not one to usually start these butt-kissing threads, and I don't really have a use for the service, but I must congratulate James and anyone else involved in the promotion for cut prices on TVN Sports. It's hard enough to get advertisers on a website (having worked for a website for six...
  18. Smudge

Cunis clocks out

Always seemed like an amiable chap in his commentary, and had some success with the NZ team at the tail-end of Hadlee's career. http://www.stuff.co.nz/4650094a1823.html
  19. Smudge

Iraq thread

Oh wait...
  20. Smudge

See ya, Braces - it's been, errrrr, grand?

I really would much prefer it if they started looking after the England tour, but they won't. John Wright, come on down. http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4517966a1823.html