• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. slowfinger

*Official* IPL 2019

bring back the pitch invasion
  2. slowfinger

Fasting During Ramadhan

Hey guys, this is aimed primarily at the Muslims, I'm a fairly young lad playing a lot of cricket and with Ramadan coming up, I have a lot of games during this period. For example the first week is me playing a cricket festival with 6 games in 6 days I think that I will miss a lot of games if...
  3. slowfinger

Could Asif have been a TEST ATG of Pakistan?

I want you to see this video first : Muhammad Asif - King of Swing It seems like his control of the ball was almost perfect, his game plan seemed impecable, he got just as many batsmen out through out thinking the batsman as he did through unplayable deliveries. It wasn't like he swung the ball...
  4. slowfinger

Solving Technical Problems (batting)

Hello everyone, This year my cricket season has been a little dry with the bat, and I think a combination of technical glitches in my batting have contributed to me not being able to occupy time at the crease. Last week, I opened the batting for my team's 2nd XI and I occupied the crease for a...
  5. slowfinger

Favourite Wick/Bats test innings?

Adam Gilchrist - 2nd Fastest Test 100 I stumbled across this today and was completely dumbstruck by this BLINDER of an innings, the variety of his shots and the consistency! I mean, I went to the nets, tried to hit 1 like Gilchrist, and found myself bowled, the man is a genius :wub: What is...
  6. slowfinger

BEST end to a TEST career

Sorry for the last thread, was a little vague... This is what I want!
  7. slowfinger

Worst Send Off in Cricket?

With a lot of people retiring and, in their final game, not making a valuable addition to their stats (ie scoring runs/taking wickets), I pondered and wondered if there were any players that made a great contribution in their final game, any thoughts? EDIT: would prefer Tests to ODI/T2o, but...
  8. slowfinger

The SWAG YOLO Thread

Many men and women alike have fallen to the illusion, of SWAGing and YOLOing... example 1 : Mark finishes a trek. He listens to Lil Wayne and Drake and 2 hours later, found dead for apparant 'yoloing' have you any examples or real life incidences to share? SWAG is the 3rd biggest killer of...
  9. slowfinger

Tino Best Appreciation Thread

Plzz no hate. Enjoy :)
  10. slowfinger

Ajmal optimistic of playing till 2015 World Cup

Ajmal keen to play 'till the next World Cup Interesting article. What impact do you think he's made on Cricket, where will he end up?
  11. slowfinger

Anyone up for making a new draft?

Hey guys its been 2 or 3 years since i last tried one of these... marc FTW! Haha anyone got the time to set up a new one!!??
  12. slowfinger

Just a quick query

Soz if the thread isn't supposed to be here, but I was wondering if anyone remembered the post when someone said something like: "If Shoaib (Akhtar) keeps throwing his jockstrap around somebody is going to get (something)" It was a little bit before the t20 world cup (2010) when he couldn't...
  13. slowfinger

'Teams at their Peak' XI

Ok, so I was going through 'Barry Norman's Book of Cricket' and he was talking about (in his opinion) the best teams in the World at their Peak were: The 'Warwick Wonders' 1920-21 Bradman's 'Invincibles' 1948 The Super 'Springboks' 1970 The Windies 'Wizards' 1984-85 :ph34r:Ponting's...
  14. slowfinger

The Taliban wished Afghanistan luck against Pakistan

Woah, woah, woah! Cricket IS the anti-dote to war! Even Taliban lends support to Afghanistan cricketers Love or hatred for this?
  15. slowfinger

10 signs to a spiritual awakening

Hm, not alot of people will probably back this put here it is in case any of you are interested: 10 Signs To A Spiritual Awakening Some pretty interesting thoughts here?
  16. slowfinger

Need help with fitness!

Hi guys, I am trying my hardest to get into my county side, and if I'm gonna make it I am going to need to stand out, fitness being the best way. I believe I have the talent to make it but with 0 fitness who will want that... So, whats the best way to do this baring in mind I need CARDIO and I...
  17. slowfinger

How does Cricket stack up in terms of Fitness?

Me and a few mates were agruing as per. I said that to play cricket properly, you needed to be REALLY fit and be able to last at least 6 hours. He laughed at me and said all you do is stand around and run when batting. He then said Rugby and Football were MUCH more high intensity and required...
  18. slowfinger

Conspiracy Theory thread

Don't know if there is one around, but will be interesting to see how many conspiracies can haunt us :laugh: EG: Why beards are rough, governments, etc. Feel free to dissmiss/add to this thread.
  19. slowfinger

Should I follow my dreams?

Its a make-or-break situation for me now... I can't seem to get into the main county side although I am positive that I should be in there... Should I just give up on cricket and focus elsewhere? I love cricket with all my heart and I really want to take it as far as I can... Please help?
  20. slowfinger

Umar Akmal-Hero or Zero?

Huge fail with the title, but read this Saad Shafqat on "The Riddle that is Umar Akmal"