• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. H

How to bowl quickly

Hi there, I bowl a fairly medium pace at the moment, and am an average build. I am about 6ft and half an inch, am 16 and about 11 stone. What tips would you give to bowl quickly, and are there any exercises I can do at home regularly to boost my speed? Thanks.
  2. H

Joining a gym

Hi there, I'm 16 years old, pretty much 6ft 1, maybe a little under, and am pretty lanky for my height, bit of muscle in my arms (which are very long) but hardly anything. I'm attempting to try and become a decent fast bowler, with trying to bowl quick being one of my main aims, I'm a decent...
  3. H

Please help, my batting has gone to pot

Hi there, Last season, when I was only 14, playing for my club's senior 2nd XI, I averaged around 15, and in the last game of the season I scored 35. However, this season it's been a completely different story. I average around 1 over 6 innings, with a top score of 4, which came with one...
  4. H

Is against the rules...

Is it against the ECB rules to sell my Ashes tickets on Seatwave/Viagogo?
  5. H

Lords tickets

Will there be any available for Day 5? On the website it says none are available, but on Monday I called up and they said they had plenty of tickets available for Day 5, and that they were unlikely to sell out of Day 5 until the morning of that day.
  6. H

The Brit Oval - Block 3

Hi there, I was wonderring if anyone could tell me how many rows are in Block 3 at the Brit Oval? Cheers a million to anyone who can help! :D Jake
  7. H

What are the odds of England hosting the IPL?

Simple as. What do you guys think the chances of England hosting the IPL this year are? I really hope it is, to get the oppurtunity to see guys like Ganguly again would be priceless.
  8. H

Bowling help

Hi there, I am currently 5ft 11, am 15, and I am pretty sure that I've got a few good inches in me left. However, this season I really want to be bowling pretty quick. I try and bowl off 11 paces, but my run up is completely mucked up after a long spell as I get tired. I was wonderring if...
  9. H

Ashes tickets

Hi there, Has anyone else received their application results for the Headingley Ashes test? It was meant to be today, but I've not received anything. Thanks.
  10. H

ICC World Twenty20 next batch of tickets

Hi there, Does anyone else know when the next batch of tickets for this tournament is? And will there be tickets up for the final up at this time as well? Thanks, Jake
  11. H

Ashes tickets

Hi there, Me and a group of people are wanting to go to any days play against Australia at Headingley in Summer, and at the moment it's a ballot where the maximum amount you can apply for is 3. There's 7 people in my group, how best would you recommend getting tickets? Jake
  12. H

NatWest Pose with the Pros

Hi there, I was wondering what this was, as it is on the NatWest Series website but it offers no explanation as to what it is. Many thanks, Jake
  13. H

NatWest Series Speedstars

Hi there, I am going to the ODI at Headingley on Friday and was wondering where I would find the NatWest Series Speedstars bit will be? Does anyone have any experience of these, and are they any good? Many thanks, Jake
  14. H

Cricket shoes/boots

Hi thre, I am looking for the best cricket shoe which is made from leather, and has changeable spikes so I can use them with soft studs and proper metal studs. Thanks to anyone who can help, Jake
  15. H

Aero sizing guides

Hi there, I'm currently thinking about getting new pads but the Aero sizing guide reallly puts me off. I'm looking to get some Aero P2 Pads, and my leg is measuring 44cm from knee to ankle, so they're saying I should have Large, their largest size. I am only 5ft 9inches and find this very...
  16. H

Twenty20 Finals Day 2009

Hi there, Was just wondering where the venue was this as I can't seem to find it online. Thanks,
  17. H

Slogging

Hi there, At the moment, I keep on going into the nets and slogging. I'm getting a few lusty hits, but most of it is just swing across the line and skying it. I was wondering what you would suggest me to to try and do to get out of this bad habit. I try and play straight but whenever I get...
  18. H

Aero P2 Batting Pads

Really interested in a pair of these. The OBO P2 Pads only seem to come in Left handed, so I was wondering whether any of you knew where the cheapest place to get them was? Thanks,
  19. H

England v South Africa tickets

Hi there, Thinking about trying to get tickets for Day 1 England v South Africa at Headingley. I would be looking fr 3 seats all next to each other. Ticketmaster have none left but when I called them up they said that they only received an allocation and to call Yorkshire directly, but now...
  20. H

Aero batting gloves

Anyone know where I can get the P2 Aero batting gloves online? I live in the UK, so they would need to post to there. I would be so grateful to anyone who can answer my question! Thanks,