• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. SJS

No that's not it Mr Sambit Bal

I almost started a new thread on CC titled "Cut the crap . . . shall we?" That starting post was bitterly sarcastic towards the reaction to the very justified criticism of Dhoni's batting in yesterday's game against England. But I didn't. I am in my 70th year and I need to chill :) The reason...
  2. SJS

Statistics for Dummies

It was many years ago that I wrote to the administrators of one of my favorite stats sites - howzat.com - pointing out something I found kind of silly in the way they presented some records. The record in question was the Players with Most Career Wickets after Playing X Matches The two...
  3. SJS

It's the foreign coach , stupid !

Aha. BCCI finds the scapego... . . . errr . . . The solution to its cricket team's poor performance . . . It's the man responsible for all our cricketing ills - Duncan Gora Fletcher ;) the SOB he hasn't scored a single run, taken a single wicket and held not a single catch since he has joined...
  4. SJS

The Cosy Club crumbling ??? . . . Indian Apex court out to set BCCI's house in order

The Indian Supreme Court today gave clear "instructions" (although the court never uses the words till they pass an order which could be tomorrow) to the BCCI on what they suggested as the BCCI should do 1. Srinivasan should not be the President of the BCCI 2. Gavaskar should replace Srinivasan...
  5. SJS

Srinivasan becomes first Chairman of ICC !!!!

Ridiculous and tragic !! N. Srinivasan to become first chairman as ICC Board approves changes to governance, competition and financial models The International Cricket Council Board on Saturday approved a comprehensive resolution relating to the governance, competition and financial models of...
  6. SJS

Sachin Tendulkar to retire

First things first - Its easy to run down anyone - its probably easier to run down great people - surely is going to get one more attention - Its easy to find flaws in a career that lasts very long. - Its easy to run down those who are deified - those who treat them as Gods are probably...
  7. SJS

Enthusiastic owner !!

Mr Srinivasan brazenly denied any relationship of CSK with his son-in-law Gurunathan and answered all questions about how he was in the dug out, had an accreditation card etc with just one word . . . " He is an enthusiast and nothing more" Here is a video of the owner Gurunath which is on the...
  8. SJS

Who is the worst wicket keeper to play 75 Tests as designated keeper

Who is the worst wicket keeper ever to play 75 test matches (as designated keeper). Here is the list of those who have reached this figure. Player (Country) Span Mat MV Boucher (ICC/SA) 1997-2012 147 IA Healy (Aus) 1988-1999 119 AC Gilchrist (Aus) 1999-2008 96 RW Marsh (Aus)...
  9. SJS

History of Cricket

I think this is something that has been missing amongst an otherwise very varied and rich fare that CW serves. I intend to put here, the historical perspective on all aspects of the game and how each element has evolved over time. Since there is, by far, the greatest enthusiasm in comparing...
  10. SJS

The importance of cricket history and literature . . .

Quoted above are the three of the latest posts from the thread India ATG Team- Open Voting. These were sent after I had posted on the thread stuff about the fast medium L Amar Singh of India who played seven Tests in the 1930's I thank these posters for their response and here is the reason...
  11. SJS

If you were Sachin Tendulkar . . .

The Sachin to go or stay debate has been raging for years but clearly the context has changed. Those opposing the clamor for Sachin's departure have changed from years of asking "Why" switched the debate to "When" in the last couple of years or so. This has now clearly changed to "How" and in...
  12. SJS

Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Ayaan Hirsi Ali - A True hero and a modern day Thinker When I read her book, Infidel, I discovered a true hero, the first since I had grown up and discarded all the cardboard heroes of the cricketing kind. Now, when I hear her speak, as in the video below, I realise that she is one of the...
  13. SJS

Short pitched stuf, egos, poor technique and denial . . .

Finally it took a former fast bowler from an other country to ask, even though he wasn't being involved in the discussion by the Indian gentlemen, to ask whether the "incredibly gifted" Yuvraj was 'scared' of fast and short stuff (not Bishop's exact words I know). Mr Shastri then had to agree...
  14. SJS

All time sides with a twist . . .

Cricketers as well as cricket enthusiasts have always reveled in making sides of past and present cricketers. As the span of the Test era stretched from decades to well over a century, people had to chose between players they had seen and those they had only heard about. This made it very...
  15. SJS

This is cricket - 1st Class cricket !!

As I write, The scores between England's tour game with Victoria stand as under (at 4pm on the 3rd day of the 3-day game) Victoria (1st inns)216 for 2 in 74 overs (at 2.91 runs/over) England (1st Inns) 184 for 2 decl in 45 overs at 4.1 per over Victoria (2nd inns) 278 for 6 decl in 60 overs...
  16. SJS

Favourite Essays

To go with the Book Thread (where people just tend to put what they are reading or argue about what they have read) I would like to actually let people read what I have enjoyed reading and, hopefully, derive as much pleasure from the same. Needless to say, that cant be an entire book. So let it...
  17. SJS

Getting To Know The Gentle Giant - From Those Who Did Know Him

Getting To Know The Gentle Giant - From Those Who Did Know Him RIP: Sir Alexander Victor Bedser (1909-2010)
  18. SJS

Oh God Almighty...

Please help me to keep this thread from being closed. I just want a thread where I can cme and say something I think is worthwhile, which I think makes sense (to me it does and to others I hope). I promise I will never call anyone a troll, I will never accuse anyone of having an alias and I will...
  19. SJS

CHICAGO - Anyone home !

Does anyone of CW's regular members live in Chicago. I arrived here last night and will be around till Saturday. It might be fun to meet for a beer :) I know this should be in OT but then many of the CC posters do not go to OT regularly so i thought CC was a better place for me ;)
  20. SJS

Cricket on Ice - St Moritz

I was in St Moritz, Switzerland on the 3rd and 4th of this month and at the hotel reception desk I found cards and pamphlets of Cricket on Ice. Curious, I picked up one and found that the semi finals and the finals were next morning. I decided to go to the lake where the games were being...