• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Uppercut

Pets

This is Selina, we got her from a rescue centre a year ago. Very affectionate and loud.
  2. Uppercut

What's the best song on Norman ****ing Rothwell?

I think I've just about narrowed it down to two. Venice Bitch was my second-most played song of 2019, but when I listen to the whole thing, California feels like the centerpiece.
  3. Uppercut

Chess

I was homebound for a few weeks at the start of the year and got to learning chess properly. Very addictive and it looks like most of us will be spending a lot of time at home for the foreseeable. It's also one of very few games still going ahead, so maybe a good time for a new thread...
  4. Uppercut

What do you remember from the 2008 financial crisis?

It's sort of become this massive shadow hanging over everything, like The Event in those Mitchell and Webb sketches, and I can't imagine a world where it didn't happen. But it's kind of hard to describe what it was like to people who were kids at the time. So I'm, uh, outsourcing my teaching...
  5. Uppercut

Mafia - main thread

6. Uppercut

Pool A - Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Russia, Samoa

You see their manager’s comments from back when it originally seemed that the Ireland game would be cancelled? :laugh:
  7. Uppercut

Your Least Favourite World Cup Player

Pepe and Ramos bound to be popular choices but I have a really strong irrational hatred of Jordan Henderson.
  8. Uppercut

World Cup Nostalgia Thread

Anyone else spent the past couple of weeks reminiscing about past tournaments? I was boring Ms. UC over lunch the other day recalling where I was and what I was doing for every one I've been alive for. Also loved...
  9. Uppercut

Politics thread for the not so smart

:detective
  10. Uppercut

We're Dying Out

?Someone would always answer?: The sad death of the internet message board Who'd have thought CricSim would ever be part of any wider trend.
  11. Uppercut

Troll Another Poster

A quality side-effect of the Girl Trouble thread's complete derailment has been the use of dog-whistle trolls designed to infuriate one particular poster while appearing fairly benign to everyone else. See: This definitely deserves a thread of its own. Post yours below.
  12. Uppercut

Where to bowl to Steve Smith?

See poll.
  13. Uppercut

Rank the teams from most to least likeable

1. Mark Wood- good bowler, always seems to enjoy himself, quality footballer. Hasn't been around long enough to show any dickish side. Extra points for looking exactly like a really nice guy I know. 2. Mitchell Johnson- purely for being incredibly entertaining as a cricketer, whether bowling...
  14. Uppercut

Warm-Up Friendlies

Sky reckon England are starting Welbeck instead of Sterling vs. Peru tonight. I'd be worried if the rest of the team seems first-choice. When someone picks Welbeck instead of a Liverpool player and I think it's a bad move, you know it's a bad move.
  15. Uppercut

World Cup Betting

Current odds on skybet: Brazil 3/1 Argentina 9/2 Spain 11/2 Germany 11/2 Belgium 18/1 France 22/1 England 25/1 Portugal 25/1 Holland 25/1 Colombia 25/1 Italy 25/1 Uruguay 33/1 Chile 40/1 Russia 100/1 Ivory Coast 125/1 You can get better odds almost everywhere else but that gives you the idea...
  16. Uppercut

Entertaining cricket vs Good cricket

The line between the two is very blurry in a lot of cricket-watchers' minds. The consensus among fans, pundits and commentators is that almost all modern field settings are too defensive, all declarations occur at least an hour later than necessary, and every batsman isn't playing enough shots...
  17. Uppercut

Is running out the non-striker when he's backing up "against the spirit of the game"?

Is running out the non-striker when he's backing up "against the spirit of the game"? BBC Sport - Somerset v Surrey: Murali Kartik causes run-out controversy Murali Kartik getting in some hot water over this one. I reckon it's absolutely fine. He's not just wandering out of his crease for a...
  18. Uppercut

***Official*** The Olympics is **** Thread

I wouldn't want people stinking up every thread in the Euros forum ranting about how dire it is so I'm making myself a containment thread. Why do people watch this ****? I don't see the appeal at all. Almost any sport with a semblance of technical complexity or depth is either not part of the...
  19. Uppercut

***Official*** Commentary Thread

Hopefully they'll have at least ditched Mick McCarthy.
  20. Uppercut

Most Obnoxious Footy Fans in the UK?

Rangers, imo. Typically more bigoted than the garden-variety football thugs.