• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Marcuss

I need help...

I don’t know if this belongs in OT or N&P (mods feel free to move if appropriate) but I’ve got a situation I’m struggling with. I’ve got a very close friend who has stood by me and been tremendously selfless at times where I’ve needed his support and I’m aware of the best bits of his character...
  2. Marcuss

Mafia - main thread

Uploaded the wrong file... oops...
  3. Marcuss

Mafia - main thread

When I played as sledger in CWMaf, I'm pretty sure he was described as an 'anti-hero'.... do it Sledger... do it....
  4. Marcuss

How many consecutive centuries are you away from Test selection?

A question borne of a disussion with Cribb about his objection to Joe Burns' coverblocks. I am quite the purveyor of the gulleyblock myself; which apparently is fine as I'm not trying to play Test cricket with them... or aren't I? Ultimately, we all try and score as many runs as we can, each...
  5. Marcuss

Sheep Draft 7.0 Voting Thread

(harsh) morgieb Teuton trundler Sunny Gavaskar Graeme Smith* Roy Fredericks Stewie Dempster Bill Ponsford Bruce Mitchell Victor Trumper Prithvi Shaw Peter May (c) Cheteshwar Pujara Matthew Sinclair Clyde Walcott Steven Smith (5) Richie Richardson Keith Miller Clem...
  6. Marcuss

2nd Test, Lord's, London

What we all suspected has been confirmed. Jimmeh gone.
  7. Marcuss

Hydra

**** Athlai.
  8. Marcuss

Budget Draft II

So, register your interest here.... For those who played last time, it'll follow a similar format to the first edition. For those who did not... all will become clear soon enough.
  9. Marcuss

Mystery Box IV Draft Voting

Weldone SillyCowCorner1 morgieb Plum Warner Reggie Duff Ian Redpath Chris Rogers Matthew Sinclair Kris Srikkanth Conrad Hunte Sanjay Manjrekar Ted Dexter Mike Gatting Hanif Mohammad Neil Harvey Jonty Rhodes Frank Worrell Brian Lara Kapil Dev Jeff Dujon Greg Blewett Mark...
  10. Marcuss

KitKat vs KitKat Chunky vs KitKat Dark

Why decide?
  11. Marcuss

Oft Forgotten Player Comparison Thread

Like it or not, player comparisons are basically oxygen to CW and I think its getting perilously close to the stage where the air is getting a bit stale. While there has been some rather interesting discussion in the Sangakkara thread on a conceptual level, it has still somewhat boiled down to...
  12. Marcuss

CW's Yearbook

Okay, somewhat lame idea for a thread but IDGAF. Rather than focus on how grey CW is these days I thought it might be an idea to acknowledge the broad range of characters we have on these boards and throw out some categories to discuss. Who is: - most likely to appear on reality TV? (See...
  13. Marcuss

ATG XI Draft Thread Draft

Aim : To create a shortlist of the best threads in CC Rules : 6 picks per drafter 24 hours to pick Thread must contain the word 'ATG' (or some variant thereof, my decision is final) or 'Draft' Winner will be decided by Burgey who has agreed to read through each list and provide a 250 word...
  14. Marcuss

Budget Draft Voting Thread

Criteria: Maximum Budget of 500 Test caps, 30000 Test runs, 1000 Test wickets. Each team had the option to exchange 3000 runs for 100 wickets or vice versa. Draft Order Round 1 Player Caps Runs Ws 1. BackFootPunch George Headley 22 2190 0 2. Garson007 Barry Richards 4 508 1 3. GIMH Ben...
  15. Marcuss

Cricket Budget Draft

A random idea I had: Basically, it's a standard all-time draft but each team has a budget of : 500 Test caps 30000 Test runs 1000 Test wickets. To allow some flexibilityy and variation between teams in any round of the draft, prior to making your pick, you may elect to 'exchange' 100 wickets...
  16. Marcuss

England performance squad tour.

Ge got it up to 95mph on Sky this summer. Hit Graeme Swann on the hand in the Essex v England game and then while out in Aus this winter he's hit Cook twice, badged Root, hit Carberry in the gut and cleaned up Bell who apparently said "Why the **** isn't this guy in the Essex side every week?"
  17. Marcuss

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Best TMS cake ever?
  18. Marcuss

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Made: BBC News - Cambridge University law exam question 'horrific'
  19. Marcuss

Batting Outside of The Crease

What are the disadvantages to it? Currently watching the ENG/NZ Test and both Williamson and Brownlie are well back in their crease to the English seam bowlers. Now I appreciate that Anderson, Broad and Finn are a little bit quicker than the stuff I face on a Saturday but are there any...