• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Mr Mxyzptlk

Short Films

A lot of my free time (often while waiting for stuff to render) is spent on Twitter, Facebook and watching short films. Not sure how many others are into it, but I'll share a couple of interesting ones, good or bad. Keen to uncover others that anyone else might share too. Yours Truly...
  2. Mr Mxyzptlk

Persistent Error Message

I've been getting this pretty often when I make a post over the last couple of days. Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this...
  3. Mr Mxyzptlk

Haiti Charity Match?

Are we doing anything for this, guys?
  4. Mr Mxyzptlk

65 seconds with Dave Mohammed

The man, the legend. Was brilliant for T&T against Guyana in the Haiti Fundraiser tonight. Definitely the pick of the bowlers, though he only took 2-19. Given the time of night and Premiere Pro playing up atm, I've cobbled this highlights package together with Windows Movie Maker (which I've...
  5. Mr Mxyzptlk

*Official* Champions League Discussion and Results Thread

My workload IRL is pretty light until the end of January (ie start of DL season) and I'm feeling somewhat rejuvenated at the moment, so I figure I'll give this CL thing a go, ITBT. Teams Queensland (Aus) Victoria (Aus) West Robbham (CW) East Robbham (CW) Trinidad and Tobago (WI) Otago (NZ)...
  6. Mr Mxyzptlk

T20 Cup II: Availability Thread

Might as well get a jump start on this. As in the inaugural competition, players need to opt in for this, as I know some don't want to risk their health and/or reputation playing T20 stuff. Who's in? LA Camps (ERUB)
  7. Mr Mxyzptlk

Togo team bus attacked

This issue transcends sport, so I've started the topic here instead of the Sports forum. Read here. According to various reports the Togolese team bus has been attacked in Cabinda, Angola, after crossing into the country by road from the Republic of Congo. The latest news indicates that the...
  8. Mr Mxyzptlk

**Official** West Indies domestic season 2010

This starts tomorrow. I know a lot of people don't generally take an interest in West Indies domestic cricket, but I figure I'd continue the annual trend anyway. Appallingly little coverage by CricInfo thus far this year. Worse than usual, with just a schedule and almost nothing else. Hopefully...
  9. Mr Mxyzptlk

Hollywood Cricket

The majority of sports movies, in my opinion, languish between mediocre and poor. Without even considering cricket-themed films. So it got me thinking about potential films and the casts that might be attached if they got made. A few months ago I started a research project with a view to a...
  10. Mr Mxyzptlk

Worst Nation of the decade?

Not necessarily the worst performing players, but a collection of XI cringeworthy selections for your country of the decade. Now this will be more challenging the better your team is, so it may produce some interesting results. Test Daren Ganga - a fine leader, great guy, but terrible...
  11. Mr Mxyzptlk

Gayle has got to go

Somewhat interesting, scathing commentary by Andre Baptiste. Chris Gayle is still the wrong man for the job of West Indies captain. Let me repeat, for those whose hearing may be prejudiced by incessant reggae music: Christopher Henry Gayle is not the person to lead West Indies into a bright and...
  12. Mr Mxyzptlk

Twitter sheep

For people Twitter-inclined, suggest others to follow. @Swannyg66 - Because Graeme Swann is one of the most personable sportsmen around. Some classic tweets. @simonpegg - It's freakin Simon Pegg. @ThatKevinSmith - spends a considerable amount of time responding to comments and questions by...
  13. Mr Mxyzptlk

Ramnarine: The Legend That Wasn't?

I was in a nostalgic mood today, casting my mind back to various players from past days of cricket. It was a strange experience, because thinking back to players who were around just recently seems like a lifetime ago. It seems almost surreal to think of Sherwin Campbell and Adrian Griffith...
  14. Mr Mxyzptlk

IPL Quick Links, Injuries, Standings

Saturday 18 July Sunday 19 July Monday 20 July Tuesday 21 July Wednesday 22 July Thursday 23 July Friday 24 July Saturday 25 July Sunday 26 July Monday 27 July Tuesday 28 July Wednesday 29 July Thursday 30 July Injuries: Updated: 30 July J Sharma (Chennai Super Kings) - remainder of tournament
  15. Mr Mxyzptlk

Dev League Check-In

State your name and the club you belong to. If you're yet to be assigned or your contract has run out, state "Free Agent". LA Camps - CW Blue G Sriram - CW Blue DK Rai - CW Colts GM Thomas - CW Colts KS Wright - CW Colts BC Fitzsimmons - CW Colts RG Dunn - CW Colts JR Gray - CW Red RJ Dauth -...
  16. Mr Mxyzptlk

Soho-bound...

I'm doing work experience in Soho next week, 9-5. I'll be traveling from Southampton, as I expect that would be the cheapest option. I know very little about traveling in London, but I've been told that I should go from So'ton to Waterloo, then via Underground to Oxford Circus, and from there I...
  17. Mr Mxyzptlk

Name Change

Looking for as many votes as possible, obviously by CW cricket participants alone.
  18. Mr Mxyzptlk

Aborted feta

yesyes EDIT: Sorted
  19. Mr Mxyzptlk

Don't like cricket? Love it?

Sign up for Cricket Web XI cricket. A cricket simulation/role playing game where you can rise through the ranks from domestic level to, potentially, international level. Yes, when I say it like that, it sounds like geek fare. But at the end of the day, we all post fanatically on an Internet...
  20. Mr Mxyzptlk

Change of name?

Are we still all happy with Cricket Web XI? Or do you think we should fall in line with something more... realistic. That would entail, possibly, renaming CWLand (something that incorporates the CW roots, but sounds more like an actual country) and, obviously, calling CW XI by the same name...