• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Tom 1972

What was you first "real" cricket bat?

Interested in hearing what people's "real" cricket bat was. When I say "real", I mean a bat used when you're padded up, wearing whites, facing a hard cricket ball. Mine was a Gray Nicholls single scoop, circa 1983, signed by Kim Hughes, size 5 because I was 11 years old. Then got a GN...
  2. Tom 1972

Movie Character XI

Your movie character XI? and why? Stick with characters that most people will know. 1. Agent J (Will Smith from MIB), #1 opener. skill, attitude, big guns, chemistry with opening partner 2. Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones from MIB), #2 opener. see above 3. Maximus (Gladiator), #3 Batsman, badass...
  3. Tom 1972

How quick is Quick?

I just wonder what people think. How quick is Quick? I firmly believe that once you get above 120kmph you start to get quick-ish, by non-professional standards. As a park cricketer, opening bowler, I used to think I was pretty quick. But looking back, the keeper was probably about 2/3rds of...
  4. Tom 1972

Independent Test Umpires - is this really necessary?

Independent Test Umpires - is this really necessary? I'd hope that Test level umpires should be completely professional and above match fixing, plus as an Aussie, I have had to endure pretty persistent "howlers" from the likes of Billy Bowden, Steve Bucknor and Rudi Koertzin. Not just...