• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. wellAlbidarned

an ode to Neil Wagner

to the tune of Katy Perry's "Roar" Verse I used to bowl it on a good length Pitch it up and hope that it swings Didn’t get many wickets Through good cricket Couldn’t hit the seam to save my life Southee thought I had a hot wife Being a third seamer Isn’t every bowlers dream Bridge I...
  2. wellAlbidarned

The Official CW Yoghurt Thread

Regular? Greek? Unsweetened? fruity? What's your go-to for bacteria infested dairy goodness? fave recently is cyclops full cream unsweetened. Full flavour and got a real sour tang to it. yoplait plebs can gtfo
  3. wellAlbidarned

Do you wear a helmet while biking?

OK so recently I've been getting a load of **** from friends and classmates because of my decision to bike without a helmet. Do you guys wear one? Is it compulsory in your country? What are your views on the matter?
  4. wellAlbidarned

The CW Burger Thread

From what I've tried, Burgerfuel is always a safe bet. Tried everything on the menu and they've never failed me. Murder Burger in Auckland was solid. Eat Burger is absurdly greasy on the way in and out, don't recommend. Will report on GoneBurger in a week or two. Anyone found their little slice...
  5. wellAlbidarned

the "you even lift br0" thread

If there's already a fitness/gym douchebag thread, please point me to it. I've searched and can't find one. I'm pretty new to the gym, started out at 6'2'' 74kg and did about eight months on stronglifts 5x5s, put on 6kg bodyweight and got my lifts to less-laughable levels (can squat 100kg for...
  6. wellAlbidarned

The Pan Announcement Thread

7. wellAlbidarned

Unlimited coffee

I stopped using adblock for cricketweb about six months ago and just today I started getting popup ads for coffee unique to CW. Not a fan of them but if there's an explanation behind them I'd like to hear it.
  8. wellAlbidarned

What's your bowling "mantra"?

In my efforts to become a reasonable club standard medium quick bowler one piece of advice that I've frequently come across is the need for a bowling "mantra" to fall back on when under the pump. Your mantra should be a single, simple thought which you know will help trigger the most important...
  9. wellAlbidarned

Ignored posts are too intrusive

So due to the lovely display of gentlemanly cricketing discussion that was is the Pak vs NZ in UAE thread I decided it was time to brush the dust of the Ignore list function, which I've used a grand total of once before. Instead of the blissful calm I was hoping for, I get lists and lists of...
  10. wellAlbidarned

Greatest bowler of all time

plz try to be impartial and discuss
  11. wellAlbidarned

Does the back of a cricket bat need oiling?

The bloke in the cricket store said don't bother, while all the GN and Kookaburra tutorials say yes. Clearly just a bit of a non-issue, but does anyone have further thoughts?
  12. wellAlbidarned

New year, a new action - problems with straying down leg

So after a horror half-season last year down to a number of factors but mostly due to a lack of a consistent and repeatable action, I've been at the nets alone trying to figure things out. I'm not generating much heat but it's only 2nds club stuff so swing and consistency are far more important...
  13. wellAlbidarned

Starc vs Boult - who will have the better career?

Battle of the cack-handed quickies, could be interesting to dig up later. Starc has more height and a spectacular inswinger, Boult has maybe touch more guile and variety at the stage. Who will go further in international cricket?
  14. wellAlbidarned

Haven't been able to access CW for the past week

Aaaand it's working again. Wouldn't work on any computer around my house, haven't changed any settings. Not sure about other people's connections, been in exam lockdown mode. Probably a problem with the ISP, but just checking to see if it wasn't something at the other end.
  15. wellAlbidarned

Loss of bowling form - ideas?

I've just lost it totally. In the nets I can bowl fairly quickly and accurately, but in actual game situations my confidence in my action seems to go out the window, turning into a medium pace scatter-gun. Anyone else had similar issues? Ideas on fixing it?
  16. wellAlbidarned

Genetic Modification in Food

Never observed Greens being particularly anti-scientific tbh.
  17. wellAlbidarned

NZ drinking age - raise to 20, or keep it 18?

Opinyunz?
  18. wellAlbidarned

Front-on bowling taking over

I've always been under the impression that people consider side-on bowling to be the classical norm and ideal, with front-on being the exception, but that doesn't seem to be the case these days. Bowlers such as Lee, Steyn, Morkel, Broad, Anderson, Pattinson, Cummins, Harris, and countless others...
  19. wellAlbidarned

Uploading GIF avatars - HOW?

Alright so whenever I try to use a GIF from a website, it'll generally be too large so I'll have to edit it down a touch. That's not too much of a problem, but whenever I attempt to upload the edited file from my computer it just shows up as a still image, not an animation. Totally lost here...