• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. S

India's Best ODI Team of All Time

Rohit Sharma Virendra Sehwag Virat Kohli Sachin Tendulkar Yuvraj Singh M. S. Dhoni Kapil Dev Anil Kumble Zaheer Khan Kuldeep Yadav Jasprit Bumrah Looking at the players left out, there should be a second best side as well Sourav Ganguly Shikhar Dhawan Goutam Gambhir Mohm. Azharuddin Rahul...
  2. S

5 Best ODI Batsmen of All Time

1. Virat Kohli 2. ABDV 3. Viv Richards 4. Sachin Tendulkar For no. 5 slot there are many contenders. Ricky Ponting, Michael Bevan, MSD, Dean Jones and even for that matter, Greg Chappell's name spinning in my mind, is there anyone else you can think of for that number 5 or replace one or two...
  3. S

How did India become the No. 1 Test Side?

Really, this is a question I have been pondering over for quite a while now. India have won 3 test matches outside sub-continent and lost 17 since 2011 England tour (out of the three, two came against W.I in 2016), In last 7 years they played 23 tests in England, Australia, N.Z and S.A...
  4. S

Ravi Shastri's top 5 Indian Cricketers of All Time

Recently read an interview of Mr. Shastri where he has picked his top 5 Indian cricketers of all time. and they are...(according to seniority) 1) Sunil Gavaskar 2) Kapil Dev 3) Sachin Tendulkar 4) MSD 5) Virat Kohli Mine will have Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid in that 4th and 5th spot. I have...
  5. S

Best Asian Test Team of All Time

Mine is like this Best Asian Test Team of All Time Sunil Gavaskar Vijay Merchant Rahul Dravid Sachin Tendulkar Javed Miandad Kumara Sangakkara Imran Khan (C) Wasim Akram Waqar Younis Fazal Mahmood Muttiah Muralitharan Extras Kapil Dev Bishan Bedi Shoaib Akhtar Hanif Mohammad
  6. S

Best Team of 1970 to 1990 Vs Best Team of 1990 to 2010

Best Team 1970 to 1990 Sunil Gavaskar Barry Richards Vivian Richards Graeme Pollock Greg Chappell Mike Procter Imran Khan (C) Alan Knott Malcolm Marshall Dennis Lillee Bishan Bedi 12th Man Richard Hadlee Best Team 1990 to 2010 Mathew Hayden Virendra Sehwag *Rahul Dravid/ Ricky Ponting...
  7. S

Home Giants

Most batsmen have a better record at home than away, and there is nothing wrong in that, until or unless there is daylight between the two. If considered some of the modern day great players like Ponting (Home - 56.98/ Away - 46.40), Sangakara (Home - 63.28/ Away - 49.98) or Lara (Home - 58.65/...
  8. S

Top 10 Indian Batsmen of All Time

1. Sunil Gavaskar 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. Rahul Dravid 4. Mohinder Amarnath 5. Vijay Hazare 6. Vijay Merchant 7. Virendra Sehwag 8. V. V. S. Laxman 9. Gundappa Viswanath 10. Mohm. Azharuddin/ Dilip Vengsarkar
  9. S

Where does Ambrose stand amongst the great fast bowlers of west indies?

for me, in no. 4...right after, 1. Malcom Marshall 2. Micheal Holding 3. Joel Garner 4. Curtley Ambrose
  10. S

Ambrose or Mcgrath?

well, whom would you pick if you had to pick one, why?
  11. S

How Would You Rank Rahul Dravid as a ODI batsman?

guess, an easier way of putting the question will be, will u include him in your all time best indian ODI squad? i would, specially, if the matches are played outside sub-continent...
  12. S

Is It Possible to Have a Championship of Test Cricket?

1 match home and away basis...each country plays 18 tests within a span of 6 months? no other cricket in between...after every 5 years???
  13. S

Best Catch

for me, Rahul Dravid picking up Moin Khan in Australia 1999 in that tri series one dayers ...they don't have a proper video of that one in youtube (thus a request to rob)...
  14. S

What Is the Best Day of Test Match Cricket That You Witnessed Being In the Ground?

mine goes to the famous India-Australia Eden Test...and the best day for me was the 4th day and that remarkable partnership...guess, the 5th day was even better...but i was not there, sadly...
  15. S

Is the Condition of the Current Indian Team the Worst Ever In Terms of Injuries?

Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Tendulkar, Zaheer, Harbhajan, Ishant, Rohit Sharma, Pujara (injured from befored, would have got selected otherwise)...and and may be few more...i am sure they would want to find the first possible flight back home...can one think of one touring side having more injured...
  16. S

what Is the Best Spell of Reverse Swing Bowling that You have Ever Seen?

think there will be many spells of pakistani bowlers coming in and deserving so...but mine goes to javagal srinath, in a test match against south africa in 1996...where S.A were chasing 170 to win in the last innings, and were 65 for 3 at one stage, there the ball started reversing for...
  17. S

Best 5 Wicketkeeper Batsman Of Modern Era

here we make a list without considering their wicketkeeping abilities, just purely as batsman...(since 1990) 1) Adam Gilchrist 2) Andy Flower 3) Kumara Sangakara 4) Alec Stewart 5) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
  18. S

Which Was the Worst Possible Umpiring Decision That You Have Seen

Plz say a little, don't just say something like Ponting in Adelaide 2003, write a little about what happened... for me, it's the chennai test match between india and pakistan (1999), where in the second innings Sourav Ganguly was given caught when that ball actually dropped twice before the...
  19. S

Which Was the Most Exiting Hour of Test Cricket For You?

for me, it's the first test between India and Australia in that 1999 series...it was India's first innings and Dravid and Tendulkar were batting, and the bowlers were Mcgrath and Warne...after the openers got out without much contribution, Dravid and Tendulkar did manage to recover the situation...
  20. S

How Much Impact Can A Captain Have?

there is an old saying, 'a captain is as good as his side' agreed with that?