• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. andyc

Happy birthday Burgey!

WAC! Was going to post his exact age, but don't want to embarrass the guy. Top shelf bloke though, have a good one.
  2. andyc

Ban Announcements

In an effort to avoid the sidetracking of other threads around the forum, this thread has been created for moderators to announce when a member has been banned, for how long, and for what reason. As previous discussion of bans has led to threads being locked, this thread will remain locked so...
  3. andyc

What Made and Ruined Your 2009

What it says on the box, really. Myself, I've had a pretty good year, a lot of fun and thankfully not all that much to put it in the ruined category. Made my 2009 Finished first year of university, got good marks and most importantly kept my scholarship. Had a great time at college, made some...
  4. andyc

David Shepherd passes away

From cancer, says Cricinfo A real shock since he retired not too long ago. Always loved how he still stood one one leg when a Nelson rolled around. RIP.
  5. andyc

Happy Birthday Pratters

It doesn't say anything here on CW, but Facebook informs me that today (the 18th) is Pratters' birthday. So a big :happybday to him, a top bloke and a good poster. Have a good one mate.
  6. andyc

Australia report bookie approach to ICC

Australia report bookie approach to ICC | Cricket News | The Ashes - England v Australia 2009 | Cricinfo.com Sad to see it happening, but at least the player involved did the right thing.
  7. andyc

Ashes Predictions Thread

Surprised one of these doesn't exist already. Ripping the criteria from the Aus-SA series: Series Result: Top Eng Runscorer: Top Aus Runscorer: Top Eng Wicket-taker: Top Aus Wicket-taker: Player of the Series: Surprise Packet: Dropped Player(s): Miscellaneous Event: Personally, going...
  8. andyc

Allrounders 'unsustainable' in modern game

Cricinfo - Allrounders 'unsustainable' in modern game Very interesting article. When you read it all, you really have to sympathise with Oram- he doesn't particularly want to be forced to give up Tests, but clearly, something has to give. Is there any way to stop allrounders from being forced...
  9. andyc

Who's going to win?

As above - who's going to win the Ashes this time around? Be kind enough to post your predicted score as well, CBF adding 20-odd options to the poll to cover them all. Myself, I'm going for Australia, either 3-0 or 2-1.
  10. andyc

Test thread

Who cares? It's the TF
  11. andyc

Stedman comes of age

Facebook tells me that our very own Jimmy Stedman (James90, for those playing along at home) turns the big 1-8 today, so I thought I'd rob Richard of his joy and get in first with the thread. Happy birthday mate, hope you celebrate it in style (Y)
  12. andyc

Why?

Just wondering why this thread was closed. Clearly, it's nothing special and it wasn't going anywhere, but if someone's closing a thread, they should at least explain why instead of just doing it out of the blue.
  13. andyc

Six Degrees of Separation- Wikipedia style!

Alright so I got sidetracked today while on Wikipedia, and decided this would be something to do to pass the time while bored. Starting from the page on the Rosetta Stone, I wanted to see how many clicks it would take me to get to the page for Muse (was listening to them at the time)...
  14. andyc

Buckley or Wainwright?

So I recently had a rather heated discussion with a friend over Leonard Cohen's song 'Hallelujah.' Namely, whether the cover by Jeff Buckley (from the album Grace) was better than the cover by Rufus Wainwright (on the Shrek soundtrack). I personally prefer Buckley, whereas he prefers Wainwright...
  15. andyc

I must enter a title/subject

test meh...
  16. andyc

Mitchell Johnson

After a fairly rubbish start to his international career (was averaging 150 with the ball after 4 games), Mitchell Johnson has taken 11/140 in his last four games. Admittedly, it's just four games, but it's also half of his ODI career, and he currently averages 24.16 with the ball. He's been...
  17. andyc

Round 7 match team previews and match reports

Post your team previews, match reports and anything else in this thread. This is for both First Class and One Day round 7 matches. We expect at least 1 piece of writing from each manager...
  18. andyc

Night-watchmen

Twice now I've had nigh****chmen used in my games, with D Prasad (avg of 9.4) being sent in both times. The first time he made 12 off 25, and the second time he got out for a two ball duck. Not too awful, obviously, but I've got much better tailenders than Prasad in my side that I'd very much...
  19. andyc

One Day Round 3 Reports

Fire away
  20. andyc

First Class Round 2 Match Reports

Post away