• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. jimmy101

Shakib Al Hasan vs Rashid Kahn

Which player do you feel is the greater asset?
  2. jimmy101

An Australian XI That Never played Tests

Sadly we'll never know the truth as it was so long ago, but the fact that every prominent Aboriginal FC cricketer pre-1939 was branded a "chucker" & barred from the game is pretty alarming. Not only were they kept out of the Australian team, but they had their careers & reputations destroyed by...
  3. jimmy101

An Australian XI That Never played Tests

Not all that incriminating imo. Just take a look at Brett Lee's action. In this picture Lee's arm is bent similarly to Gilbert's at shoulder height, arguably even closer to the point of release than Gilbert.
  4. jimmy101

Like strike rate

I have a strike rate of 0.362 (3,010 likes from 8,295 posts). What's yours? Interesting to see what the leaderboard would look like.
  5. jimmy101

ICC Emerging Nations Trophy (Sim League X)

Continuing on from the most recent version of the Sim League I am back with the ultimate battle of the proverbial minnows. For the most part I have been simming LOIs lately, this tournament will mark a return to red ball cricket. To get things rolling here I am hoping to get somewhere in the...
  6. jimmy101

Can you judge these batsmen by their stance and shots?

#7 is definitely Viv.
  7. jimmy101

Can you judge these batsmen by their stance and shots?

I think Jedi was right re: #10. Looks like Wasim to me.
  8. jimmy101

ICC Sim League IX

Had fun running the last version of the Sim League, so I'm back again to kick off another new tournament with a fresh new idea. This time the concept revolves around World Series Cricket from the late 70's. Instead of a nation v nation tournament, this one will be similar to the modern-day IPL...
  9. jimmy101

One word per post story

The
  10. jimmy101

Grand Slam Draft Tournament

Ok, so hear me out. This one's a bit of a hair-brained scheme, but it could potentially be a fun draft-style "tournament" which operates in a unique way. Essentially the premise of the draft is to resemble a real-life knockout tournament. Where 8, or even 16, drafters compete against one another...
  11. jimmy101

R.I.P. Basil Butcher

West Indies batting great Basil Butcher dies at 86 :cry:
  12. jimmy101

Best limited-overs kits of the decade: 2010-2019

As we come to the end of the decade thought it would be a good opportunity look back at the best (and worst) kits over the last 10 years. What are your favourite kits, international or otherwise, from this decade?
  13. jimmy101

Graham Thorpe vs Ian Bell

Who have you always preferred?
  14. jimmy101

ICC Sim League VIII

ICC Sim League VIII I've had a few ninjas over the past couple of months voice their desire to see another edition of the Sim League so I'd dust off the old bird & run another edition with an idea that that is floating around in my head. This time I'll be doing something new & running a T20...
  15. jimmy101

1992 World Cup draft voting thread

Please vote for the three strongest teams. Please consider players' entire careers when casting your votes, not just their efforts at the 1992 CWC. Fuller Pilch Sanath Jayasuriya 5 Andrew Jones Sanjay Manjrekar Robin Smith Hansie Cronje (c) 7 Carl Hooper 6 Chris Cairns 4 Ian Smith (wk)...
  16. jimmy101

Amol Muzumdar vs Jamie Siddons

Bit of a nonsense thread here. Was wondering how people see these two stacking up against one another considering they were arguably the best two batsmen of their generation to never play in a Test match for their respective country. vs
  17. jimmy101

Mohammad Shahzad suspended by ACB for one year

Not a very good piece of news to wake up to. Are the ACB being a bit heavy handed here? Mohammad Shahzad suspended for a year
  18. jimmy101

1992 World Cup draft

Anyone keen on another World Cup themed draft? Same rules as the 2019 version I ran a few weeks ago. 9 drafters max.