• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Starfighter

Viv Richards vs Larry Gomes

Who was the better off spinner? I was initially going to give it to Richards on the basis of that he has a couple of five-fors and I've actually seen him turn the ball, but I must admit that Gomes has the advantage in averages in both formats.
  2. Starfighter

Causality in batting easiness

It's a pretty observable fact some eras, especially the 20s, 40s and 00s saw higher batting averages than others. The general factors you'll hear about this are that there were no great bowlers (especially fast bowlers) or that pitches were flatter. I'd like to see some discussion over the...
  3. Starfighter

What is the best continent?

Fan of this one. Small and easy to get around, not too cold, not very crowded. Does perhaps lack in variety of scene though.
  4. Starfighter

*Official* Big Bash League 2019/20

Everyone get excited.
  5. Starfighter

Worst winning performance you have seen

Well?
  6. Starfighter

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Everyone's talking about it so I may as well make the thread. Dec 12, Thu - Dec 16, Mon Australia vs New Zealand, 1st Test Perth Stadium, Perth, 0500 GMT 1300 AWST 1600 AEDT 1800 NZDT Dec 26, Thu - Dec 30, Mon Australia vs New Zealand, 2nd Test Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, 0000 GMT...
  7. Starfighter

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Fixtures: Oct 31, Thu Cricket Australia XI vs Pakistan, T20 Practice MatchBankstown Oval, Sydney 2:30 PM03:30 AM GMT / 02:30 PM LOCAL Nov 03, Sun Australia vs Pakistan, 1st T20ISydney Cricket Ground, Sydney 2:30 PM03:30 AM GMT / 02:30 PM LOCAL Nov 05, Tue Australia vs Pakistan, 2nd...
  8. Starfighter

Pavel Florin

https://twitter.com/FoxCricket/status/1156128415298101248 'Nuff Said
  9. Starfighter

Elegant bowlers

Here you go...
  10. Starfighter

How many days of play will be affected by rain?

Please do bear in mind it's no longer June.
  11. Starfighter

***Official*** County Cricket 2019

2018 was so last year.
  12. Starfighter

*Official* Big Bash League 2018-19

I suppose it's close enough.
  13. Starfighter

*Official* South Africa in Australia 2018

Nov 04, Sun Australia vs South Africa, 1st ODIPerth Stadium, Perth 2:20 PM03:20 AM GMT / 11:20 AM LOCAL Nov 09, Fri Australia vs South Africa, 2nd ODIAdelaide Oval, Adelaide 2:20 PM03:20 AM GMT / 01:50 PM LOCAL Nov 11, Sun Australia vs South Africa, 3rd ODIBellerive Oval, Hobart 1:50...
  14. Starfighter

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Nov 21, Wed Australia vs India, 1st T20 The Gabba, Brisbane 6:50 PM07:50 AM GMT / 05:50 PM LOCAL Nov 23, Fri Australia vs India, 2nd T20 Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne 6:50 PM07:50 AM GMT / 06:50 PM LOCAL Nov 25, Sun Australia vs India, 3rd T20 Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney 6:50...
  15. Starfighter

Battle of the Benjamins

WKM imo.
  16. Starfighter

A battle of the leggies

After my failure last night, I've decided to go direct. I don't think I'll have any dispute that these two are some of the worst of their type to represent their countries in tests.
  17. Starfighter

Battle of the English batting capitulations (2010s)

Collapsing to God-mode Stuart Broad on a green wicket is one thing, but collapsing to Hardik Pandya on a not-so-green wicket is another. Getting bowled out for 58 on a pitch on which Henry Nichols can score a century is just dire. In reply to the currently existing thread for Australia, let's...
  18. Starfighter

Cricket Web chooses the worst test pace bowler ever

As some of you may have noticed, mr_mister has been doing a sterling job with his threads where we vote for the best of a certain category of cricketer. And while this celebration of excellence is all well and good, I feel like there's something missing. What about those cricketers who have...
  19. Starfighter

Some old bowlers...

Now, those of you who follow my (irregular and often pointless) posting on here would know that I post a lot in the historic footage thread, and am a bit of an afficiando of pace bowlers from the newsreel era. Now, I once read someone (not very bright and perhaps not representative of the...
  20. Starfighter

*Official* Bangladesh in the West Indies 2018

Tour Match, at Coolidge, Jun 28-29 2018 1st Test, at North Sound, Jul 4-8 2018 2nd Test, at Kingston, Jul 12-16 2018 Tour Match, at Kingston, Jul 19 2018 1st ODI, at Providence, Jul 22 2018 2nd ODI, (D/N) at Providence, Jul 25 2018 3rd ODI, at Basseterre, Jul 28 2018 1st T20I, (N) at...