• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. NotMcKenzie

Early one-day series

Ever wondered what the world of ODI cricket was like before the World Cup, but were too productively engaged to bother finding out? Well wonder no more! Anyway, the talk in this thread inspired me to look at what early series had taken place. In order, the series results: 1970/71: The first...
  2. NotMcKenzie

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2019

Because no series is not deserving of its own thread no matter how small or insignificant* SL vs PM's XI, Canberra October 24 PMXI 132/9 SL 131/8 Prime Ministers XI won by 1 wkt 1st T20I, Adelaide Sun, 27 Oct 03:30 GMT, 2.30 p.m. AEDT 2nd T20I, Brisbane Wed, 30 Oct 08:10 GMT, 7.10 p.m. AEDT...
  3. NotMcKenzie

Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

Now that's a scorecard: Just one off the bat.
  4. NotMcKenzie

*Official* IPL 2019

IDK about that myself.
  5. NotMcKenzie

New Feature: Cricketing Myths by Patrick Ferriday

There is a different, poor-quality, video of the 1979 "World's Fastest Bowler" competition which has footage of Procter bowling from side-on. It shows that what the writer dismisses as an "absurd and a physical impossibility" is closer to the actual truth than what he describes. Replay of...
  6. NotMcKenzie

Historical footage: Impressions of some greats

I like how they gloss over the riot in Calcutta. 'The third day's play started as if nothing had happened,' except for the fact that the roofs are now missing from all the stands and there's a pile of burnt chairs and other detritus lying in the background. We have to be thrown on the tender...
  7. NotMcKenzie

Most Blatant Chucker Of The Cricket Ball

To comment more on Meckiff, from what I have viewed, his short balls seem, obviously, to be the dodgiest of his deliveries, and others vary. He does not look good in any of the tests in 58/59, particularly the third. He later modified his action so his bowling arm was fully extended throughout...
  8. NotMcKenzie

Most Blatant Chucker Of The Cricket Ball

Ran across some Ajmal the other day and was immediately reminded of the footage of Jim Burke:
  9. NotMcKenzie

A short clip from Pathe, where from 8 seconds, we find that Alan Donald has precedent for his infamous running from his own countrymen.
  10. NotMcKenzie

If you want to see Bradman playing club cricket in 1946, British Movietone is happy to oblige (P.S.: may take time loading)
  11. NotMcKenzie

Fast bowling mega thread

Trivial task to compare Anderson (trying to replicate poistion in photo above) ... with properly side-on bowlers such as Trueman (as suggested above) ... or McKenzie
  12. NotMcKenzie

*Official* Pakistan vs Australia in the UAE 2018

Such an anticipated tour this thread appeared 10 days out from the start of the 1st test Sep 29, Sat - Oct 02, Tue Australia vs Pakistan A, Four-day Practice match ICC Academy, Dubai Oct 07, Sun - Oct 11, Thu Pakistan vs Australia, 1st Test Dubai International Cricket Stadium , Dubai Oct 16...
  13. NotMcKenzie

CW decides the greatest test spinner ever. 43 names: Countdown/Rankings thread

Problem is, I provided more than one photo; I first two from one angle showing that there was actually a straightening and not just that he had a bent arm. And then after providing more, you naturally provide a whole bunch more reasons as to why it might be misleading, deceptive, requiring...
  14. NotMcKenzie

And again, I would argue that your level of caution is too strict. We don't need angles in degrees quoted to five significant figures: all we need is to see that there was a straightening after his arm. The frames are taken to coincide with release, but an offset of a few milliseconds will not...
  15. NotMcKenzie

And all I'm saying is it is over-complication. A feature does not suddenly pop into being when imaged from multiple angles, and if the movement is in the correct plane, it will show without need for another angle. Analysis from multiple angles and deliveries merely shows that it wasn't a one-off...
  16. NotMcKenzie

Well, whenever people bring it up, they almost always rattle off a list of fast bowlers. We would expect them to have greater forces going through the arm, and therefore greater extension. Also, I'm not conviced that bowling in an arm brace actually proves as much as what people might think...
  17. NotMcKenzie

Worst Player to Play 100 Tests?

Fun facts: 2nd Test, Sri Lanka tour of Australia at Melbourne, Dec 26-30 1995 3rd Test, Sri Lanka tour of Australia at Adelaide, Jan 25-29 1996
  18. NotMcKenzie

Some old bowlers...

For Cotter, we do actually have footage as well from the film of the 1905 Australia side. I'd say that the position coincides pretty well with the photograph above: No. 14 is McDonald
  19. NotMcKenzie

Newspaper reports indicate that he also did something to his knee after the spilt chance. Dec 4, The Age: Brisbane Telegraph: (Although the veracity of any supposed statements from players at that time seems to be up for question) The papers, in this case the Sydney Sun, carried what...
  20. NotMcKenzie

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

Rain; water; rainwater