• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. T

Viv Richards Voted as County Cricket's Greatest Overseas Player.

The B.B.C. have had a Poll by their users as too has been the greatest ever overseas player. Viv won with 43.2%, ahead of Clive Lloyd on 9.2% and Sir Richard Hadlee in 3rd on 8.5%. I know Viv was good , but i don't think he was that much better. ( probably deserved it, but not by that margin)...
  2. T

Mark Burgess's Low Career High First-Class Score

I was flicking through some of my old New Zealand Cricket Almanac's, as you do, and i noticed that Mark Burgess had a very low career high score. I thought for a player who played 50 Test Matches, Captained his Country, and had a very long career, 1963-81, his career best was Only 146 for...
  3. T

Memorable Cricket Matches You Have Attended In Person

As someone who has attended cricket matches since 1982/83,( Sheffield Shield at the old T.C.A. ground in Hobart.), I have witnessed a number of games which stick in the memory. I have probably seen live around 200 first class games in aust. and england, and 100+ limited overs games. Do you...
  4. T

A Test Team Of Players Who Played 10 Tests Or Less

We have done the Best Xl's of Countries who never played Test cricket, and also One Test wonders. So i thought it would be interesting to pick a team of players who played 10 Tests or less and see how it would look. ( i have plenty of time on my hands) If you have played 10 matches you have...
  5. T

A New Zealand XI Who Never Played Tests

i thought it was time to see if we could get a New Zealand team that hasn't played Test Cricket. New Zealand's first test was back in 1929/30 against England, almost their second team as they were also playing the West Indies at the same time. one major problem i had was that pretty much any...