• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. R

Can there be a cricket match without toss?

i was wondering after seeing this scorecard where the toss section says no toss... Is it because the info. is missing or is it what happens in Deodhar Trophy games... know this is a question for the cricinfo support staff as well.... :unsure...
  2. R

Indian team for 2011 WC

Indian 15 for 2011 WC 1st XI Gautham Gambhir(Delhi) M Vijay(TN) Dinesh Kaarthick (c) (TN) Dinesh Mongia(Punjab) Yuvraj Singh(Punjab) MS Dhoni(Jharkhand) Joginder Sharma(Haryana) P Chawla(UP) Ramesh Powar(Mumbai) VRV Singh(Punjab) Munaf Patel(Maharashtra) the rest: L Balaji (TN)(if he is fit)...
  3. R

Dinesh Kaarthick weds

India's Promising Wicketkeeper-Batsman Dinesh Kaarthick Ties The Knot India's promising wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Kaarthick tied the nuptial knot with city-based Nikita Vanjara in low-key affair in Mumbai. A Commerce graduate, Nikita hails from Sothern Indian city of Manor and her father...
  4. R

Player who never hit the ball in the air

Manjrekar, came to my mind, but he had some sixes against his name. Is it T Franklin of Newzealand. I had never seen him hit a single shot in the air?
  5. R

Your most favorite underdog ever?

For me it is WV Raman.
  6. R

Atapattu has not played a single match in this WC

If he is not selected for semi-final and final, if Srilanka makes it, he would go into the record books as someone who had captained their team in the previous version and not picked in the XI despite in the 14. Was wondering whether the Indian management or the selectors on tour would ever...
  7. R

Most under-rated players

There are many players who are really under-rated, some of them are big match players, which i would say is better when compared to highly rated players who consistently chokes. Neil Fairbrother Navjot Sidhu Ijaz Ahmed Salim Malik Carl Hooper But who would be most under-rated player? Someone...
  8. R

Is Newzealand the only team never lost to minnows

all big nations have been beaten by minnows. Newzealand somehow managed this.... Or is it Newzealand plays minnows only in WCs. Even then this is a unique WC record. AUS ZIM/BAN 1983/2005 ENG ZIM 1992 SA BAN 2007 IND KEN/BAN/ZIM PAK BAN/IRE 1999/2007 SRI KEN 2003 WI KEN 1996
  9. R

Future captain of Team India

The topic assumes more importance than ever in the context of Indian team withoug a vice captian. Dravid would be around for 1-3 years, but it is the right time to hand over the reins to a younger player with potential. Greg Chappel has spoken highly of dinesh Kaarthick's leadership qualities...
  10. R

Worst WK in terms of WK skills

some of the butterfingers. Deep Das Gupta Junior Murray Parthiv Patel Kamran Akmal ( i feel he is very average)
  11. R

Indian Squads for Bangladesh Tour - Selection on the 20th April - Playing a Selector

I have gone with an assumption Sachin and Saurav will be "rested". Indian Test Squad for Bangladesh Dinesh Kaarthik Wasim Jaffer Rahul Dravid S Badrinath VVS Laxman Rohit Sharma/Manoj Tiwary M Dhoni Ramesh Powar Anil Kumble S Sreesanth Munaf Patel V Sehwag R Ashwin/Piyush Chawla/Amit Mishra...
  12. R

Is Andrew Flintoff disinterested in batting?

the way he looks at the crease, during the Commonwealth and this WC, he seems very disinterested in his batting. It gives an impression ' come on bowlers!! please get me '. What is wrong with him? Is he not happy with the stripping of captaincy?
  13. R

Best XI outside worldcup teams

Dippenear(SA) Mal Loye(ENG) Yassir Hameed(PAK) Adam Voges(AUS) Chamara kapugedera(SRI) T Taibu(ZIM) Farhed Raza(AN) R Powar(IND) Hilhenfaus(AUS) Dale Steyn(SA) Shabbir Ahmed(PAK)
  14. R

Biggest WC selection follies

Mal Loye in place of Strauss or Ed Joyce I would have had even Alistair Brown in place of Joyce,Strauss That would have certainly given England the momentum they badly needed in this W C Ramesh Powar for Anil Kumble
  15. R

Reason why we need 10-day tests

T Franklin (NZ)/Trevor Gripper(ZWE) Akash Chopra(IND) C Taware (ENG) Ravi Shashtri(IND) S Chanderpaul (WI) Mudassar Nasser(PAK) Sanjay Manjrekar(IND) Jimmy Adams(WI) Jack Russel(ENG) Matthew Hoggard(ENG) Jason Gillespie(ENG)
  16. R

Worst Bowling Team among the test playing nations

Pakistan and Australia should be right there on top. Pakistan it is just bits and pieces and Mcgrath the "bowling team" for Australia. They have to chase in almost every match to make it a contest.
  17. R

Cricketers with dodgy stance

There should be so many of them though these 5 top my list. Any others? Chanderpaul, Michael Yardy, Clayton Lambert, Kris Srikanth, Ian Healy
  18. R

Best Indian 15 outside the World Cup 15

Gautham Gambhir Swapnil Asnodkar/Barrington Rowland VVS Laxman C Raghu Hemang Badani Cheteswar Pujara S Badrinath Joginder Sharma Ramesh Powar JP Yadav/Praveen Kumar P Ohja VRV Singh RP Singh Abid Nabi Rakesh Patel
  19. R

who is the sexiest man in the world?

how about woorkeri Raman
  20. R

Left Handed Indian XI

Two Indian XIs,one with everyone batting left-handed. and the other with everyone bowling left-handed. The limited choice means India will go down as one of teams, having fielded the least number of players who would bat left-handed. Though there are quite a few of them who bowls left-handed...