• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Pothas

Pubs

I miss them
  2. Pothas

The 90s

3. Pothas

The Political Compass Test

There is no way that the 3 main parties are as right wing as depicted there.
  4. Pothas

Best ODI uniforms

Used to have this
  5. Pothas

Someone is going to do it.
  6. Pothas

Air Cricket

Inspired by this article: Why the kids don't play air shots with aubergines any more | Barney Ronay | Sport | guardian.co.uk Was playing plenty of air blocks myself during that final session last week. Personally find this form of the sport has a distinct advantage over the real thing, it...
  7. Pothas

No world cup would be complete without it....

The ball controversy! BBC Sport - Football - Danish coach Morten Olsen criticises World Cup ball
  8. Pothas

Alec Bedser

BBC Sport - Cricket - England Test bowling great Sir Alec Bedser dies One of England crickets true greats. Had a very long and fantastic life but still a very sad day, It feels like that generation has now left us.
  9. Pothas

The Greatest Test innings by a right-handed English batsman, born in South Africa, ag

The Greatest Test innings by a right-handed English batsman, born in South Africa, against Australia in the last test of an Ashes series, in England at the Oval, in the Second Innings, in the Modern era? (This is in no way a blatant rip-off of a Zaremba style thread)
  10. Pothas

Why Don’t I care more?

The fourth test at was uncomfortable viewing for any England fan, However as I watched three days of dreadful English cricket my overriding concern was, not that we had picked the wrong team, that Bopara is woefully inadequate, or that Harmison was bowling too short. It was something far...
  11. Pothas

Greatest XI for your County/State

Was bored and wanted to avoid doing some work so tried to make an alll time Hampshire side. This was generally based on performance for the county itself rather than overall reputation. Have not taken into account overseas restrictions, just wanted to get the best side possible. All time XI...
  12. Pothas

First Person to 50 Centuries

As all of you know Sachin Tendulkar recently became the first man to score 40 centuries but who do you think will be the first to score 50 centuries and when will it be achieved. Or indeed will it ever be achieved? At the moment there are two obvious candidates. Sachin Tendulkar -has to be the...
  13. Pothas

What is wrong with Paul Collingwood?

What is wrong with Paul Collingwood? because something is, i cant put my finger on it but for me he will never be a world class batsman. He has got a lot of runs this year, recently got a double century and has a very respectable average in the 40s. But there is something wrong with Paul...
  14. Pothas

A disgrace: "In another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven"

A disgrace: "In another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven" "in another century, matt bellamy would have been Mozart or Beethoven" This shocking statment which i found on a certain members msn screen name has moved me to make this post. How anyone could compare this...
  15. Pothas

Italian Football Scandal

With the build up to the World cup this story has been rather queit but ive just heard a report on radio 5 on it and it's shocking how far reaching it seems to have been. This BBC report sums it up pretty well The corruption scandal engulfing Italy has left the country with a real sense of...
  16. Pothas

Time for Blair to go?

Ever since he anounced that he would not serve a fulll third term Blair's departure date has been much talked about. With a spait of bad headlines and a very bad local election results is Blair's time finaly up. I am not sure whether his dramatic cabinet reshuffle was an act that was supposed to...
  17. Pothas

Your first match?

What was the first cricket match you ever went to see? I have been told that it was Hamphire v Pakistan in 1992 but the first match i remember seeing was Hampshire v Young Australia in 1995 when i was 7. I saw Stewart Law make a big 100 and a young Ponting and Gilchrist both made half...
  18. Pothas

World 11 from all test playing nations

I have a feeling this may have been done before so apologies if it has but i was bored and wanted to make a true world 11 with a player from all test nations. I am alowing any player from that nation so i could have Taibu for Zimbabwe. Obviously one nation gets 2 players. 1.Graham Smith 2...
  19. Pothas

The England batting line up

With the very encouraging performances from Shah, Cook and Colingwood. It seems that England have several good batsmen but not many can really be called world class. so what is going to be the make up of the England batting line up in the first test in the summer? It would seem that only one...
  20. Pothas

Smoking Ban

Smoking will be banned in all pubs and clubs from 2007 after MPs voted for a total ban this evening. I am unsure where i stand on this issue but i would probably alow smoking to remain in pubs if there was separate areas for eating. What are everyones thoughts?