• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Xuhaib

Mohammad Irfans

Going through some Pakistan domestic scores I see there are atleast 5 active Mohammad Irfans playing first class cricket today:laugh: This got me wondering what is the most common complete name for a first cricketer through the history is there anyway to check this?
  2. Xuhaib

The curious case of Mohammad Abbas

The likes of Anderson, Mcgrath and Philander have shown that pace is one of the least important attribute to be successful test bowler. However all these blokes have their strengths Mcgrath with his awkward bounce with nagging accuracy, Anderson with his late swing both ways while most of...
  3. Xuhaib

Simplest method to make test cricket competitive

Forget about gimmicks like toss removal or pitches standardisation just make it mandatory that all visiting teams play 3 full F.C. matches as warmup before the series starts and watch results improve to no end. Thoughts?
  4. Xuhaib

Big Vern and Sir Jadeja

One looks a run of the mill county trundler the other a Bangladesh dime a dozen SLA darter.Wise men say don't be fooled by appearances both these men posses ATG stats and do not look like they will slow down anytime soon and with the bat in their hand they are more then capable of holding...
  5. Xuhaib

The tier below the fab 4

We know who are the big 4 in international cricket but how would you rank the batsmen in the next tier below. I have excluded AB,Amla, Cook, Taylor as these guys were already established before 2010. So rank these batsmen in order Matthews,Chandmial, Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Rahnne, Azhar ,Asad...
  6. Xuhaib

Yasir, Ashwin and Herath

Are they really that good or they are just padding up their stats by playing in the weakest era of batting against spin. I for one can't stomach how Dilruwan Perrera can have a 10 fer vs the # 1 ranked team in the world while Jadeja can achieve a sub 25 bowling average. So is this a case...
  7. Xuhaib

Pakistan-England test rivalary

Really loved this series one of the best I have watched in the last few years this has to be one of the most exiting test rivalries over the years possibly on par with Aus-SA test rivalry.
  8. Xuhaib

has Bangladesh replace Windies as a long term top 8

with BD rapid rise and seeing the support of the game in that country I struggle to see them going back to their 2000-2014 days. So will see them overtaking Winides asa new top 8 or will West indies continue to produce enough quality to stay ahead of Bangladesh?
  9. Xuhaib

Fall in Sky Ashes viewing figures

Fall in Sky Ashes viewing figures leaves English cricket facing stark choices | Sean Ingle | Sport | The Guardian I usually don't bother too much with those "test cricket is dying" crowd however less half half a million viewership for an Ashes test is pitfully low surely cricket can't remain...
  10. Xuhaib

Azhar Ali as Captain?

Seems it is all but confirmed Azhar ill take over from Misbah as the ODI skipper and then at the end of the year if he handles the job well he takes over from Misbah as the test leader aswell. The general talk among Pakistan cricket circles is Azhar is almost a Misbah clone in not only his...
  11. Xuhaib

Australia in odi's

6 of 11 WC finals next best is Windies and India with 3. 4/5 World cup wins of 11 next best is again India and West indies with 2 each. Does the Australia world cup record flatters them or are they really twice as good as their next best rivals in OD cricket history.Australa's domination in odi...
  12. Xuhaib

All time Non WC winners XI

AB crying at the end of the game gave me this idea for a thread. Saeed Anwar Hashim Amla Brian Lara Martin Crowe ABD Sangakarra (WK) Shaun Pollock Lance Klusner Waqar Younis Alan Donald Saqlain Mushtaq If NZ fails in the final maybe Vettori gets in for Klusner.
  13. Xuhaib

Would love a NZ or SA world cup win

The moment I realized Pakistan is **** and will not go all the way I have been backing these two (NZ more ) and I hope it happens. I would prefer a new champion this time around we need to have more diverse winners. I know England has also not won a WC ever but the way they treat ODI cricket...
  14. Xuhaib

Are good bowlers better rewarded in modern day cricket?

Over the last decade we have gradually seen batsmen attacking game reaching heights never seen before however in the same time period what i have noticed is the gradual decline in the defensive game of modern day batsman. More gap between bat and pad, following the swing and nicking it to keeper...
  15. Xuhaib

Commentators that have surprised you

Shoab. Never expected him to be so good with his analysis almost comes across as a cricket nerd. His analytical depth is visibly seen when he is discussing about pace bowling infact his knowledge about fast bowling puts the two W's too shame who are both horrible commies.Also speak well on...
  16. Xuhaib

Most lll treated players

Fawad Alam has to take the cake. Scores 168 on test debut opening despite being a middle order batsman through his career finds himself out of the side 2 tests later never gets a chance again despite averaging 50+ for five seasons. Gets dropped from odi side despite averaging 37 fights his...
  17. Xuhaib

Will this side challenge a top 3 ranking in test cricket

Hafeez Vijay Watson Faf Samuels Matthews (C) Bairstow Rehman Starc Finn Yadav/Shillingford Obviously there is nothing common in all these blokes just tried to make a combination of cricketers who are part of their side's first XI or First bench but are also not the main lynchpin for their teams...
  18. Xuhaib

Pujara could be batting equivalent of McGrath

Atleast imo. McGrath eventhough was a great bowler but I thought his stats were boosted 10-20% by modern batsmen aggresive approach and their indiscipline around their offstump i reckon if he would have played in 70's and 80's he would have averaged around the 25-26 mark instead of 21 that he...
  19. Xuhaib

Your current World XI bowling attack

If you go with a 3/1 combo Steyn Philander Anderson Ajmal/Swann If its a sub cone like track then a 2-2 would suffice Steyn Anderson Swann/Ajmal Herath/Rehman