• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. iamdavid

Best new ball pair late 90's/early 00's

Who in your opinion was the better of the four dominant new ball pairings floating around in world cricket from the mid-late 1990's through to the first part of this decade...Perhaps comparison is a little unfair as Wasim/Waqar were at their peaks in the early 90's whereas McGrath/Gillespie...
  2. iamdavid

Adam Gilchrist 10 yrs before he played test cricket...

Sorry if this has been posted already but I found it very interesting... Note he didnt have the very high grip on the bat back in those days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARE4RDqARNk
  3. iamdavid

Speeds pre-1998

This is relevant to the "Thommo reckons he can bowl at 180kph" thread. In front of me I have the Inside Edge magazine from October 2001, there is a very interesting article on this, I'll quote it... "Could it be possible that Jeff Thompson's world record of 160.5km/h was broken 40 years...
  4. iamdavid

Ambrose v McGrath

Another of these silly 'vs' threads, because I'm bored...doubt this one hasnt been done before but oh well... Who was all things considered the better bowler between Curtley Ambrose and Glenn McGrath ? Statistically the two best seamers of the 90's/2000's.
  5. iamdavid

Weight training during cricket season

Just wondering if any of you guys do weight training during the cricket season and how you fit it in so as not to clash with playing/training. I've been on a 4 day a week gym program for a few months now, but I'm finding it really tricky to combine it with training twice a week and playing on a...
  6. iamdavid

Greg Inglis 5/8

I know he had a blinder last night but I'm still completely unconvinced about Greg Inglis at pivot, think its a terrible waste of such an amazing player. He is quite clearly a ball runner rather than a ball player and he dosent get the space in closer to the rucks that made him so dangerous as a...
  7. iamdavid

Jaques/Rogers ?

I know its still a good three and a half months until we find out, but no harm in debating it now. Who in your opinion is better equipped, out of the two obvious candidates, to open the batting for Australia in Langer's place. My take on the two of them is that Jaques is a far more daring...
  8. iamdavid

Standout keeper of the last decade or so

With all the talk of Matt Prior's forgetable series behind the sticks against India and the debate about keepers I thought this would be interesting. Taking only keeping performance/prowess into account (ignore batting completely), who has been in your mind the standout keeper in international...
  9. iamdavid

Players you thought would make it

There was a similar thread to this about 3 years ago only it was the opposite question, hope this one hasnt been made before lol. Who are some of the players who on first impressions you thought would make it in international cricket, but for one reason or another they didnt ? For me - Simon...
  10. iamdavid

Dwight Washington

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/53355.html Anybody know what happened to this guy? Appeared against South Africa a couple of years back with an excellent FC record (not saying that means much in Carib Beer Cup) under his belt and was apparently quite sharp, took a...
  11. iamdavid

Simon Jones

Anybody know whats going on?? Last I heard he was meant to be fully fit by now, however the Glamorgan site tells me he's played one FC game this season and returned 0-112. Has there been another injury or is he being rapped in cotton wool?..any prospect of an England return in the foreseeable...
  12. iamdavid

Warne's long term replacement

Who do you think will replace Warne in the Aussie side long term. I think it's a given that baring injury or significant loss of form Stuart MacGill will get a summer, two at the most, to do his thing unchallenged, the gulf between him and the young guys is still too great. But long term after...
  13. iamdavid

*Official* State of Origin Thread

Tis that time of year again. What are your tips/teams , etc for this years Origin series. To me it looks like New South Wales will walk over it again ..... but then again I say that every year. The Blues squad just looks so strong on paper....with such heavy competition for places & plenty of...
  14. iamdavid

Indian Selections

What should India do with regards to the Chopra/Yuvraj/Ganguly situation for the 3rd test? Its a very tricky situation & none of the options are ideal , but Id probably go for the second one.
  15. iamdavid

Jones/Harmison for the One day squad?

It presents an interesting question , Simon Jones & Stephen Harmison have basically had it all over the West Indies in the two tests thus far , taking 25 of 40 West Indian wickets to fall. Harmison in particular has improved his control out of sight. They've developed a bit of a mental...
  16. iamdavid

Australian Cricket Captain

Has anyone got a reasonably up to date database for ACC (Australian cricket captain). I made my own & it was going great but now it crashes everytime I use it :lol: :( Would anyone be willing to send me a copy of theirs ?
  17. iamdavid

Brett Lee's action

I know we've probably had enough of these "(insert bowlers name) is a chucker" threads , but I just want to know your opinions on this. Im extremely bored so I was just watching a match I taped on video , Australia v Sri Lanka at the WACA in 2002/03 (the match where Lehmann made his hundred &...
  18. iamdavid

Who's the best?

Just another of these little polls :) Which side , in your opinion , is the greatest to have taken the feild during test crickets 127 year history? Now IMO these would be the main contenders- 1948 Australians- 1.S.Barnes 2.A.Morris 3.D.Bradman* 4.L.Hasset 5.K.Miller 6.N.Harvey 7.R.Lindwall...
  19. iamdavid

Shane Watson

The figures 2003/04 Pura Cup 8 matches , 15 innings , 819 runs@58.5 , 3x100 , 3x50 , high score - 157 , 8 catches. 2 wickets@52 First Class Carear 25 matches , 43 innings , 1738 runs@45.73 , 5x100 , 10x50 , hs - 157 , 12 catches. 51 wickets@26.43 , SR - 43.2 , eco - 3.66 , best - 6/32 ...
  20. iamdavid

Katich call up

Simon Katich has just been called into the squad for the next VB series match against India in Sydney. Im just a little puzzled as to why he got in ahead of Lehmann , Boof is now back to 100% fitness & has scored 83 & 44 , both at around a run a ball , in his two ING cup matches back. He's...