• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. howardj

Tim Paine

He speaks well, and projects integrity. But I must say I have been disappointed in his captaincy (the latest ****-up was his declaration on Sunday which showed no feel for the wider game), his referrals (which cost an Ashes series win), his batting, and especially his keeping (which was meant...
  2. howardj

Phil Hughes - Five Years On

Important to remember today's anniversary of a promising, young international cricketer passing away on the field of play in a FC game He embodied the future. He was young, had a flourishing back lift, and was on the verge of a Test recall. Forever young. One of the good things to emerge...
  3. howardj

Get Ready For A ****ing Sacking - The Michael Clarke Story?

That said, here's Jerry
  4. howardj

My Richie Benaud Poem/Song

Inspired by Channel Nine's Richie Tribute on Friday night at the lunch break, I've penned a heartfelt tribute to Richie Will post the lyrics up tomorrow (they're at home) It has to be sung in the same sort of tune of Memories, by Barbara Streisand (which was one of Richie's favourite songs...
  5. howardj

Australia's Test Squad for England and West Indies

I have it confirmed from my Jollimont sources that this squad will be the same squad for both tours and will be announced in the next two weeks Many discussion points: We've had some Ashes heart-break stories down the years (Jones in 1993, Haydos in 1997) I wonder who will be this year's...
  6. howardj

Warnie - Please Stop

This was the final staw for me I am so over Shane Warne trying to prove his loyalty to Michael Clarke, and trying to show everyone that they're great mates...no matter the cost to Australian cricket It's like he can't talk about anything else other than Clarke; and can't stomach the fact that...
  7. howardj

THe Gabba - An International Cricketing Backwater

The treatment by Cricket Australia (CA) of the Gabba is bordering on farcical, and is seriously alienating everyone who loves cricket here in Queensland… This Summer has been pitiful: We didn’t host even one of the five games in the ODI series against South Africa On top of that, we didn’t...
  8. howardj

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

I was too disappointed and deflated to log in today after the ban Here's proof I was there with it As you will have noted on the TV, there were no banners anywhere The Gabba and CA are so officious and over-bearing
  9. howardj

Here's a better shot of Abbott Banner as requested
  10. howardj

Sean Abbott Banner They both turned out great
  11. howardj

The Hughes Banner turned out well
  12. howardj

The flags have arrived here at my work Evidently there are two?
  13. howardj

Foxtel Turns Off the Tap

Oh no Not only will there be no coverage of the England summer, but Fox has yet to committ to televising our series in the UAE against Pakistan The non coverage of overseas Tests going forward (with the presumed exception of the Ashes) would be a hammer blow to cricket in Australia It would...
  14. howardj

Happy Birthday PEWS

Good, good man May I be the first to wish you many happy returns CW household name, marque poster, rugby league tragic etc
  15. howardj

Happy Birthday Spark

One of my favourite posters Happy 20th birthday mate Have a top day
  16. howardj

2011/2012 Christmas / New Year Thread

Come around quick again this year. Merry Christmas to everyone, and all the best for 2012. Plans?
  17. howardj

Happy 25th Birthday dontcloseyoureyes

Happy Birthday mate You're a good good man Have a top day!
  18. howardj

Happy Birthday Benchmark

One of my favourite posters - fellow Tory, and just an all-round good good man Have a great 24th birthday
  19. howardj

Howardj Presents - Ashes Aftermath; Australian Cricket Under the Microscope

Only a few more sleeps to go now, boys - until my State of the Nation essay is released. Have opted against serialising it. :laugh: I believe next weekend is a long weekend, so have pushed the 1 May release date back until the evening of 2 May. It's 7000+ words so far. Having real troubles...
  20. howardj

Australia Announce New Captain and Vice Captain

Thought this deserved a thread of its own, as it's such a watershead in Australian cricket. Unlike other countries, we don't change captain lightly. My tip for vice captain is Watson.