• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. bagapath

Top Five Cricketers from each country

India: The top 3 select themselves quite easily 1. Sunil Gavaskar 2. Kapil Dev 3. Sachin Tendulkar The last two slots are difficult to lock. Any two of Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Vijay Merchant, Vijay Hazare, Bishan Bedi, Chandrasekar and Virender Sehwag could be slotted in easily. Even...
  2. bagapath

Marshall Vs Ambrose

Alright... Both were badass fast bowlers, match winners, world beaters and legends. One joined a champion team and kept its flag flying. Another joined a champion team and fought for its honor till the end. Both had long careers. And zillions of admirers. Some of us have seen them both...
  3. bagapath

Top Ten ODI cricketers of All Time

My list 1. Viv Richards 2. Wasim Akram 3. Sachin Tendulkar 4. Adam Gilchrist 5. M.S. Dhoni 6. AB De Villiers 7. Virat Kohli 8. Sanath Jayasuriya 9. Joel Garner 10. Michael Bevan Gosh! That was tough. Am still unhappy that at least five names could not be squeezed in
  4. bagapath

The Sachin Tendulkar Project

Guys... Been working as a screenwriter on a docu feature on Sachin Tendulkar for the past few months. The film is produced by Ravi Bhagchandka and directed by James Erskine. I had a few memorable interactions with the man himself. Asked him several questions I had been wanting to ask him for...
  5. bagapath

Poll 7: Playing selector: Last selection for AT Subcontinental XI

Throwing in a few all rounders, bowlers and batsmen for you to complete the AT subcontinental XI The team as it stands now... Gavaskar Sehwag Dravid Tendulkar Miandad Sangakara + Imran Akram Murali Waqar It is up to you to bring in an additional batsman or a spinner or an all rounder or a pacer.
  6. bagapath

Poll 6: Playing Selector: All rounder for the AT subcontinental XI

However obvious this one is, this poll has to be conducted so that the next, and last, poll becomes meaningful. Here we go.... choose the all rounder for the AT subcontinental XI. And, as always, you can also choose to vote for anyone not listed in here.
  7. bagapath

Poll 5a:Playing Selector:Sub poll: Where does Sanga bat for the AT subcontinental XI?

Sehwag & Gavaskar will open the batting Tendulkar at 4 and Miandad at 5 will form the backbone of the middle order. Imran is sure to come in as all rounder Akram Murali & Younis will form the core of the bowling attack Dravid is in as one of the top choices for the middle order. Sanga...
  8. bagapath

Poll 5: middle order for all time subcontinental XI

Please select three of these middle order batters to follow Gavaskar and Sehwag in the all time subcontinental XI. Remember, Sangakara has already made it to the team as wk. You're also welcome to choose Vishy, Azhar, Umrigar, Malik, Samaraweera, Ganguly or anyone else not listed here.
  9. bagapath

Poll 4: Spinner for AT Subcontinental XI

Since this poll won't clash with the existing polls I wanted to get it out immediately. Please select one spinner to represent the subcontinental dream XI. the runners up can be featured in the remaining bowler poll or the all rounders poll. As always, you are welcome to select any other...
  10. bagapath

Poll 3: Playing Selector: Openers for all time subcontinental XI

You know their stats. Now select two of these gentlemen to open the batting for the AT Subcontinental XI Also, you can select anyone else of your choice not listed in the poll.
  11. bagapath

Poll2: Playing Selector: Opening Bowlers for Subcontinental AT XI

Here is the list of pacers from the subcontinent with 100+ wickets in tests Please select TWO of them. I am limiting the options in the poll to 11. You are welcome to choose anyone whoever played for these teams whether they are listed here or not. Player Mat Wkts AveAscending Econ SR 5 10...
  12. bagapath

Poll 1: Playing selector: WK for the AT subcontinental XI

Starting with the WK poll. I've gone for all those keepers with 100+ dismissals. Some crowd pleasers like Engineer miss out. But I have to draw the line somewhere and 100 dismissals sound fair for an AT XI MS Dhoni (India) 2005-2014 90 4876 224 38.09 6 0 - - 0 256 38 Wasim Bari (Pak)...
  13. bagapath

Playing Selector: all time Sub Continental XI

Planning to conduct a series of polls to select the all time subcontinental XI for tests using players from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Will keep the team's composition as 2 openers 3 middle order batsmen 1 wicket keeper 2 pace bowlers 1 spinner 1 - fourth bowler, from the top...
  14. bagapath

The Importance of Being a World Cup Winner

Imran Khan is probably the greatest cricketer that ever lived. Top 5 fast bowler. Possibly top 3. Very decent middle/ lower order batsman. Succeeded all over the world over a long and storied career. Never ever gave up at any given situation. Stood up to the very best and almost always won every...
  15. bagapath

One-from-each-era draft 2014

After Nufan completes the Sheep Draft, I want to start a new draft in which we select one player from each era of test cricket and build a team. The eleven eras I have divided the game into are: The early years: 1877 - 1899 (23 years) The golden age: 1900 - 1914 (15 years) After the big war...
  16. bagapath

Poll: Stats draft 2014

Please vote for the three best teams from the following 1. Camo999 1. Bill Lawry 2. Bill Woodfull 3. Brian Lara 4. Allan Border © 5. Clyde Walcott 6. Tony Greig (5) 7. Adam Gilchrist (wk) 8. Imran Khan(1) 9. Wesley Hall (2) 10. Bill Johnston (3) 11. Subhash Gupte (4) 2. weldone 1. Saeed...
  17. bagapath

Stats draft-2014

Am keen to conduct a statistics based draft for us to select as many ATG teams as possible. I have an idea. I can polish it as we go along and see where it takes us. If enough people sign up I am good to go.
  18. bagapath

The bowler of the 90s and 00s

Now that all the big guns have gone quiet it is a good time to have a less emotional and more honest conversation on the greatest test bowlers of the 90s and 00s and choose the best of them. I propose the names of the following, in order of their debuts: Wasim Akram Courtney Walsh Curtley...
  19. bagapath

The batsman of the 90s and 00s

Now that all the big guns have gone quiet it is a good time to have a less emotional and more honest conversation on the greatest test batsmen of the 90s and 00s and choose the best of them. I propose the names of the following, in order of their debuts: Steve Waugh Sachin Tendulkar Brian Lara...
  20. bagapath

Bagapath's Greatest XI

Thanks to Furball's excellent thread and Pothas' challenge, I am very tempted to share my Greatest XI with you. I started following cricket in the early '80s. But we bought our first TV only in 1985. Those days we had a cow in our house and the man who was hired to milk her in the mornings...