• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Burgey

Happy Birthday Cozza

Been a tough year for the big fella, with his hero Boris asleep at the wheel causing tens of thousands of deaths and Tranmere’s impending unjust relegation. There’s only so much you can gloss over. No wonder he kicked up a stink in London on Saturday. Hoping the (happy new) year ahead gets...
  2. Burgey

How good was Sehwag?

Top shelf I reckon.
  3. Burgey

Happy Birthday Smudge

Top bloke. Always entertaining. Very funny fella. Terrific company. All the best for a great day.
  4. Burgey

CW Xmas Gift Ideas

Following on from Shri’s excellent thread, we are expanding the idea to CW members. Please post your gift ideas for fellow posters. I’m pretty good for gifts this year, having just had a milestone birthday last month and from just generally being awesome enough to have most anything and...
  5. Burgey

Meat Trays

Do any other countries have the custom we do here of buying raffle tickets to win meat trays at pubs and clubs on certain nights of the week? Obviously they're a decent fund raiser for the establishment, but fmd they're wonderful. My grandfather used to sell them of a Friday night at the local...
  6. Burgey

Slow clap....

To the mods for closing the offending thread in CC after a ****ing day of piling on. You blokes are completely ****ed in the head and have not a sliver of common sense, character or perspective about you. Not one. Too busy pandering to the brain dead cabal to do your ****ing jobs Honestly...
  7. Burgey

Progressive team of the series

As at day three, fourth test: Burns Some bloke off the street walking past with his dog Root Smith.exe Labuschagne Stokes Bairstow Cummins Broad Lyon Hazlewood 12th: Archer
  8. Burgey

Australian intra-squad warm up game 23-26 August, The rose Bowl, Southampton

Ridiculously titled the "Haddin XI v Hick XI", presumably one side will try to bomb someone over long off with the score at 5/18 while the other will never reach its potential, but look a million bucks doing so.
  9. Burgey

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Discussion surrounding the first Ashes Test at Edgbaston, Hole de Merde Start time : 11.00 am UKDST (8pm Australian EST) It's about that time, with only a week or so until the game.
  10. Burgey

Best XI of the first round, with a twist

Name your best XI of the first round of matches, but with one team contributing two players, and every other team one each.
  11. Burgey

Injuries thread

Never a nice topic, more so during the biggest tourney we have. Just a thread to document any injuries picked up by players in the lead up to/ during the WC. Will kick off with Warner's leg injury which kept him out of the SL warm up and has him in some doubt for Australia's first game...
  12. Burgey

Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

One of the great medieval buildings of the world has been virtually gutted. Such an amazing piece of architecture that’s stood since the 12th century, withstood revolutions and world wars. And it looks like it’s gone. Arguably the centre piece of the most perfect of European cities. Will be...
  13. Burgey

The Age of Bert is Upon Us

So today is the day. Nick Bertus, 25 year-old Premiership Winning Captain of Parramatta, prolific and consistent run scorer at first grade level and all round champion bloke, makes his First Class debut* for NSW today vs Tasmania in a clutch match which will determine whether the Bl00s make the...
  14. Burgey

Reported mass shooting/ critical incident in Christchurch

Just saw this report, obviously details sketchy. Sounds terrifying. If anything is going on, hoping all CWers and their friends & families are safe and sound. https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-injuries-reported-as-police-respond-to-critical-incident-live
  15. Burgey

Nominate Your Country’s Chennai

For reasons I’m unsure of, there seems to be a CW meme that Chennai is not exactly the jewel in the crown of India . Comments abound that it’s not a great place, and the meme seems to be that if something is of a poor standard or worse, then it’s “Chennai-standard.” I’ve been spending some time...
  16. Burgey

Happy New Year

All the best to everyone for 2019. Hope it’s a year filled with happiness and your team winning all its tests
  17. Burgey

The Bambino-GIMH Feud

This one has popped up a bit recently, and there's some snark going on, the cause for which I cannot work out. It seems to be a couple of decent blokes who've had a falling out over who knows what, and it's festering. I hate to see this happening. This isn't like a zorax or OS pile-on, which is...
  18. Burgey

Australian fans complain about bland Indian team

"Same old whinging nobodies", said New England grazier Tom Bullock. "They come here every time saying they'll win and after six days' cricket they've been rodgered and never stop complaining", mused Gympie newsagent Kylie Scragg. "Why do they always say 'This time we have the bowlers!' before...
  19. Burgey

Latest Review into Australian Cricket

Out today in the wake of the South African fiasco. Here's a summary from the Grauen Australia site. Looks like a lot of tree hugging hippy crap to me at first blush, with CA not really answering the most important question - how it can oversee the problematic culture for so long yet somehow...
  20. Burgey

Ed Cowan Interview

Ed Cowan has agreed to answer some questions for CW. Any suggestions for questions would be appreciated.