• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. 16 tins of Spam

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Not sure why the pic's so small? Anyway, I was thinking something similar about the fact that Boult and Southee have taken wickets or that the pitch is pretty similar to the one at the Basin.
  2. 16 tins of Spam

MCC Moves to limit bat dimensions

Cricinfo link. "About time!" I thought. Proposed limits are 40mm at the edge and 67mm to the ridge, which is around today's average level. Would've preferred a regression towards the smaller bats of old (eg. my Gray Nicholls Scoop from the 80s has a 20mm edge). Not sure these new regs will make...
  3. 16 tins of Spam

Ticket prices to internationals in NZ over the last decade or so

Hi all. It's been a long time. Listen, purely for my own amusement: does anyone have any ticket stubs from international matches *in New Zealand* over the last decade or so? I'm actually pretty appalled at how expensive it's become to attend cricket here, and especially how rapidly prices have...
  4. 16 tins of Spam

Search capability

I'm constantly being frustrated by the limits of the search function on CW, is there any way to add functionality? Specifically the main problems I have with it is searching with multiple words; say, "Jamie How" will bring up posts with either of those terms in the text but there seems to be no...
  5. 16 tins of Spam

***Official Religious Debate Thread***

CPR is right, this spills into too many non-related threads, so if you feel the need to state your point of view, dig this thread up. And please, keep it clean and respectful. Anyway, I don't believe in god. Discuss :ph34r:
  6. 16 tins of Spam

How is this possible?

Wtf?
  7. 16 tins of Spam

Attachments - specifically images

Is it possible to attach a full sized image to a post, ie. it will display like a linked image, but has been uploaded from your local machine? If so, how is it done?
  8. 16 tins of Spam

New Zealand / Australia discussion

Haha, it's a lot better over there than it used to be, although I can only really be sure about Victoria. Yeah, there is still the odd luddite out there, bad luck that the first one you stumbled into was one of them.
  9. 16 tins of Spam

Is our precious Western society screwed?

This morning, I had a phone call from my panelbeater. He told me that the reason the paint on the roof of my car is chipping and fading is not because he bollocksed up the job originally, but because someone has poured a caustic substance on it - possibly brake fluid, paint stripper, battery...
  10. 16 tins of Spam

Referrals?

Just wondering what is meant by the "referrals" listed after "find all posts..." and "find all threads..." in a user's profile.
  11. 16 tins of Spam

What's wrong in South Africa?

Nah, that'll be Asgiriya Stadium in Kandy: Is it the one with a field hockey pitch next to it?
  12. 16 tins of Spam

Overheard Around the World

In the spirit of Overheard in New York, post any interesting or funny conversations you caught or eavesdropped on during the course of your day. Mine today, heard while passing a(n independent) coffee cart: Customer: "...so I went into Starbucks the other day and ordered a flat white..."...
  13. 16 tins of Spam

Cricket without stumps

Ok, this could be the stupidest thread of all time, but bear with me. As I was idly waiting for my stupid bus to show up 15 minutes late the other day, I was whimsically amusing myself by imagining what cricket would be like if there were no stumps. So how would our great game be different...
  14. 16 tins of Spam

Any photoshop experts out there?

I'm trying to create a little graphic for an informal "cricket club" I belong to, and basically I'm bastardising the New Zealand Coat of Arms (see below). I want to replace the "New Zealand" inside the parchment scroll with my own text. Anyone know how to do this?
  15. 16 tins of Spam

Merry Christmas and see you later

Well, it's only a half day for me at work today, so now I'm free! Merry Christmas, and enjoy your time off people. See you after new year. :D
  16. 16 tins of Spam

Explain your avatar/or username

I'm often curious as to exactly what people were thinking when they chose their username, in particular. For those who want to, tell us all what your username actually means, and while you're at it, what/who/where/etc your avatar is. I'll go first, seeing as it's my thread. I'm always really...
  17. 16 tins of Spam

Lunatics writing in to the newspaper

I'm a big fan of the letters section of the daily newspaper, and it's one of the first parts I read every day. Sometimes, when we're really lucky a true, Grade A nutter will write in with an epistle of tripe so idiotic, you'll wonder if he hasn't just smeared a bit of his brain onto some paper...
  18. 16 tins of Spam

Should we thank the bus driver?

Here in Wellington, we have a curious little tradition (at least I can't remember having come across it elsewhere) of thanking the bus driver as we get off, even if we're at the back door. Anyway, I refuse to participate. One could argue that it's a nice little habit, even though it's their job...
  19. 16 tins of Spam

The marginalisation of men

In recent years, we in the western world have been forced to acknowledge our sometimes shameful history that has included the oppression of racial minorities, women, homosexuals, certain religions, and so on. Now, in the age of political correctness it seems that guilt is being brought to bear...
  20. 16 tins of Spam

The "Help Me Name That Movie" Thread

We've all had moments when we've been talking about a film or TV show when we go "oh yeah, it's awesome, and this happened and that happened and so on", and then your mate asks you "so what is it called?", and you go "Umm....." So anyway, I've started this thread in the hope that you guys can...