• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. ripper868

The Quarter Finals

This may or may not be useful, but I'm weary of dropping into each of the pool threads to discuss the quarter finals hopes of Japan. Anyway, Matsushima and Fukuoka vs Kolbe and Nkosi/Mapimpi is going to be all sorts of fun. Oh yeah, and Koroibete will need to beat England on his own, otherwise...
  2. ripper868

Death and Taxes

So, a colleague of mine in his mid 50's was diagnosed with cancer 3 months ago. 2 days ago he died. He was an integral part of our team and a key linkage to everything we do. He'd particularly worked his arse off for the last 3 years. And now, just like that, he's gone. He walked his daughter...
  3. ripper868

The Game of Thrones Spoilers Thread (Book and TV show spoilers/comparisons)

Never miss the opportunity to make a new thread. Post all the spoilers and book vs tv comparisons you like. Future characters, past characters, characters not in the books but included in tv and vice versa, missing arcs, new arcs, Noah's ark. Compare and comment all ye like, this will by my...
  4. ripper868

Riddles

In a pond is a lily pad. The lily pad doubles in size every minute. It takes the lily pad one hour to cover the entire pond. How long did it take for the lily pad to cover a quarter of the pond?
  5. ripper868

Star Wars - Discussion and Spoilers

Seems to be a want for this based off posts in the ranking movie thread. Obviously if you don't want spoilers, don't click into this thread.
  6. ripper868

MS Project

Can die in a fire. Currently sitting through the most boring training I've ever had the pleasure of sitting through. I have work to do FFS - hurry up old man. Oh whats that? we need to come back tomorrow for half day because this **** is so slow? Great. Use this thread to share your...
  7. ripper868

LCD vs LED - The TV Thread

Dear all, Assistance please. Me and the mrs ripper are going hunting for a new TV for her studio apartment, so we aren't looking for anything huge. The best size is probably around a 22/24 inch screen or so based on holding a tape measure against the wall while she sits/stands/lays in tv...
  8. ripper868

Cats v Dogs

As it says on the tin - are you a cat person or a dog person? Inspired by WMYD/WRYD. Dogs far superior imo - great companions, more fun, more loyal, less lazy, chase away annoying cats/relatives, conducive to an active lifestyle, superb fielders in backyard cricket. And they dont kill the...
  9. ripper868

The Best and The Worst of 2010

This stems from a conversation at the pub on Monday night and thought it'd be a decent thread What in your opinion are some of the bests and worsts of the year that was 2010? eg. Best Movie: Worst Movie: Best Book: Worst Book: Best Song: Worst Song: Best Artist: Worst Artist: Best Moment...
  10. ripper868

Avatar Bets Everyone loves em and all Aussies love stealing em from the English. (yep we are still thieves before any of you poms jump on that) Calling out GIMH to accept the challenge. 2 months (will consider an alternative amount if you wish) In the spirit of the 5 test series, it'll be 5...
  11. ripper868

Chicken Parmi or Chicken Parma

Parmi wtf is a Parma?
  12. ripper868

CricSim/PlanetCricket Discussion etc

I move all Cricsim/planetcricket etc discussion be moved to this thread and contained to this thread. Part Gag, part serious, just find it annoying reading/skimming a page of posts about people being banned from there and pleading their case to be unbanned over here. Commence flaming..
  13. ripper868

Most Peaceful Countries

New Zealand has been named as the world's most peaceful country...makes sense considering most of them live in Australia :p Iraq has run dead last while Australia has come in at 19 (beating Great Britain) Rankings & Results Vision of Humanity
  14. ripper868

Well, for those who can't bet with money, bet with your avatars... Looking to Gimh to take me on in an outlandish bet earning me rights to his Avatar, and the rights to the feature film about his youtube video that goes Viral and wins Britains Got Talent Challenge away!
  15. ripper868

Dilemma

Motown themed Quiz Night for our rugby club tomorrow night...what does one where for a motown theme?
  16. ripper868

Air Strikes against Camels

Kevin Rudd called serial killer on US TV over camel cull | The Courier-Mail That's right folks, our fearless leader, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has declared war on camels and Launched Air Strikes against camels. Where is this man's heart, How can he sleep at night? Somebody save the feral...
  17. ripper868

The CW Kitchen

Inspired By TC and his suckie curries (see the Indian students thread). Basically, share your favourite recipes and etc. Not sure how the legs will go on this one since we all probably live on takeaway/mummy's cooking.
  18. ripper868

For the Legally Minded

I'm filling out my application for a job, one of the questions is: "Have you ever been charged of found guilty of a criminal offence?" Does a speeding fine of 200 dollars and losing 3 points warrant a "yes" response to this question, before submitting it says you consent for a police check to...
  19. ripper868

Bud Tingwell

Bud Tingwell: Accidental star - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) A man who I think is a true icon of Australian Television, will never forget him in the castle, and from all accounts, a really nice top notch bloke. RIP :(