• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. M

Ashwin and Jadeja ranked no 1 and 2 test bowlers.

Is this a joke? Or is the standard of spin bowling that terrible these days? I don't remember these guys having any success outside of dustbowls in India. Jadeja might just be the most talentless bowler of all times to reach top 2 in world rankings.
  2. M

All Hail Lara! Best of his generation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqYUikwgD4Y Epic rivalry with Donald! Also the father of AB Deviliers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJhWxhjBuwA
  3. M

Ponting on Lara and Tendulkar

On the supreme batsmen of his era: I felt Sachin was the best player I played against, and that's coming from more of a captain's point of view as well, knowing he had so much success against us in our conditions and their conditions. But the other way to look at it is, I probably lost more...
  4. M

Improvement in my game!

I posted a thread here a year back asking for some technical help. I then worked on my technique in the offseason and thankfully some of the adjustments have paid off and I am having a much better season this time around. Here is me again last year: Cricket Canada, OCA vs Ramblers - YouTube...
  5. M

Inzamam the best player of quicks after viv?

Well we all know his talent was never quite realized, he lacked focus and dedication required away from matches to perfect ones skills, but in terms of raw talent, where does he really rank? Mohammad Zahid, who at his peak was quicker than Shoaib and also bowled an unplayable over to Lara...
  6. M

Some technical advice needed! Videos included.

I play cricket in Canada locally, its not that established here but anyway finally because of a Camera we have been able to capture some footage. The posters here seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the game so some technical advice would be beneficial. Specifically I wanted to talk about my...
  7. M

Shastri Vs Hussain, Shastri has lost it

Always thought he was the best of Indian commentators, still think he is, but the guy just completely came off like an A grade moron. Hussain is tops, love his commentary, top bloke Watch the latest sports news, features, interviews and match highlights | Second Test: Shastri vs Hussain |...
  8. M

Ian Chappell is one annoying old bugger

What is wrong with this dude???? I mean his analysis are quality sometimes but did anyone notice him during the Australian innings today against Pakistan. He had totally written Pakistan off at the start of the tournament, thats all fair and good, but today he couldnt stop criticising Afridi...
  9. M

Imran Khan interview

DUDES check this new Imran Khan interview out, his arrogance is beyond annoying, can he stop being so full of himself? Its almost as despicable as Michael Jordan's hall of fame speech last year. http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/467961.html
  10. M

Looking for some helpful tips

Hey everyone, I play club cricket in Canada, my main skill is leg spin but I really want to improve my batting, here are some random phone clips from last couple of indoor net sessions, sorry about the quality etc ill try and get a better video down the road. However if anyone can spot some...
  11. M

loving this format, 2020 has come of age

I think this world cup has been very exciting and to be honest the format and the whole run rate situation has made it even more gripping to watch. Whats remarkable is that teams have evolved in this format of the game over the 3 world cups. The domination through pure silky stroke play of...
  12. M

Round table revisited, Lara the best batsmen of modern era

Best batsman of modern era? Sachin tendulkar, Ricky ponting, Brian Lara All of these guys put Lara ahead of Tendulkar, I doubt their minds have changed since then despite the 200 and all. Personally I feel Tendulkar's been the best bat of the modern era, just barely slightly ahead of Lara and...
  13. M

Lara and Sehwag's backlift

Whats funny is people hardly ever talk about Sehwag's backlift, its nearly as high as Lara's, definitely much higher than Tendulkars. Ravi Shastri also mentioned that he uses one of the lightest bats in the Indian team around 2.7. What was Lara's bat weight like? Id think it was pretty damn...
  14. M

Shah Rukh Khan cricket row: More than 1,100 arrested

Police in India have arrested more than 1,100 people following protests against a Bollywood film. They were prompted by comments from its star, Shah Rukh Khan, regretting that no Pakistan cricketers were picked for next month's IPL cricket tournament. Hindu hardline party Shiv Sena reacted...
  15. M

Will Tait break Akhtars world record?

Akhtar is on record the fastest bowler ever to have played international cricket, lee was a tad bit slower and Mohammad Zahid is someone almost all international Pakistanis consider to be easily quicker than Akhtar himself. Regardless of all that, Shoaib bowled the fastest delivery ever...
  16. M

Usain Bolt: Opening Bowler

Usain Bolt, It was all about Pakistan growing up baha the world's fastest man, talks about his initial passion of cricket YouTube - usain bolt cricket Pakistan has produced the most exciting, mercurial and explosive cricketers. Since 2003, Pakistan cricket seemed starved of such characters...
  17. M

Have lost quite a bit of respect for the ever so classy Sangakarra.

Did anyone see the post game presentation after the final? I mean its great to sit back and appreciate your team after a loss but at least be humble and gracious in defeat. Nasir Hussain asked him whether the plan was to attack Pakistan at the top since their bowling at the death is lethal...
  18. M

Finding videos on shane warne

I am a leg spin bowler and obviously I really look upto Shane warne. I have a very similar action and I was wondering if anyone here knew any places online where I could find extended footage of his bowling. I realize there are videos on youtube and what not, but these are short clips, I would...
  19. M

cricket Helmet

hey, ive been playing leauge cricket for a year now, I live in canada and have not wore a helmet over the last 5-6 practicies I have tried to wear a helmet and it really hinders my performance, im just not getting used to them, my feet dont move and I am unable to free my arms, without helmet...
  20. M

Buying a new cricket bat

hey, so i started pplayin leauge cirkcet in toronto this year and im SOOOOOOOOOo confused bout bats, enough poeple have told me, jus invest in one of th etop of the line bats so ur never left thinking man i wish i had a better bat so i want a really good bat but i mean so many players use...