• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. twctopcat

Cricketer of the year.

Player of the Year R Dravid (India) A Flintoff (England) Inzamam-ul-Haq (Pakistan) Jacques Kallis (South Africa) Adam Gilchrist (Australia) Glenn McGrath (Australia) Ricky Ponting (Australia) I'm sorry but how Shane Warne isn't in that group is completely beyond me. KP should win the ODI and...
  2. twctopcat

Karl Pilkington

Was wondering if there are any listeners of XFM here at CW. It's a London based radio station and its saturday afternoon programme featured Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and the Mancunian Karl Pilkington. Absolutely hilarious but am still undecided whether Karl is actually a genuine person or...
  3. twctopcat

Bermuda

Check out the pic here , batsmen beware!!
  4. twctopcat

Derek and clive - comic geniuses or offensive loonies??

IMO they are hilarious but i just wanted to gauge peoples opinions on this comic pair.
  5. twctopcat

Brian Lara cricket 2005

New game out this year, looks ok but doubt it will be a big improvement on ea cricket 2004. What did make me laugh was that in Australia and New Zealand it will be called Brian Lara cricket, because of course no-one down there has heard of him have they?!?! :blink:
  6. twctopcat

A dilemma

I have had a girlfriend of 15 months but there is another girl on the scene who i find really interesting. I will have to be cruel to break up with my gf but i feel it is the only way as i am not being honest, advice anyone??
  7. twctopcat

Stickcricket

Great online game, a simple matter of reactions, yet i have been wasting alot of time on it recently. Anyone else doing the same?? I am trying to beat pakistan at the moment, chasing the paltry sum of 515 in 20 overs!!!
  8. twctopcat

Favourite sonudtrack

Favourite soundtrack Don't know how much anyone listens to film soundtracks around here but IMO some of them are some of my favourite music. Anything by Thomas Newman and John Williams is superb, as well Vangelis, Howard Shore,james horner and Hans Zimmer. The Shawshank redemption...
  9. twctopcat

Favourite comedian/ comedy show

Along with all the other favourite's threads thought i would pop this one in here, to see what everyone's fav's are! As for me my favourite comedians are steve coogan in i'm alan partridge, chris morris in day today/brasseye/jam and paul whitehouse in fast show.
  10. twctopcat

Matty1818 - the man the myth.

Fabled slow left armer, is he the answer to england's spin problems??? Is anyone more willing to die for the hand of tweedy?? Thought's please......
  11. twctopcat

Season's greetings CW!!

Just like to wish everyone on CW the best of the season's greetings and hope they all a happy new year!! I'm leaving uni today for my xmas break and going back to a terrible dial up connection which means i will sparingly grace these hallowed forums. Hope everyone has a pleasant time and hear...
  12. twctopcat

Greatest bowling combination ever

Plenty to choose from e.g Mcgrath and Warne, Ambrose and Walsh, Waqar and Wasim, Trueman and Statham, the list goes on, anyone have any particular favourites?
  13. twctopcat

LBW's

Just wondering why there is the rule that if the ball pitches outside of leg stump you cannot be adjudged to be out LBW. I don't like this rule because on the face of it you're leg is blocking the balls path to the stump, doesn't matter to me where it pitches. Is there any deeper meaning to it...
  14. twctopcat

Congratulations

I know people either think he's a cheat or a genius (perhaps both), but nonetheless i'd like to congratulate murali on equalling C.Walsh's record of 519, which he will no doubt break in a day or two. A quite remarkable effort from a mind boggling bowler. P.s if we could leave the insults from...
  15. twctopcat

England vs Jamaica XI

Vaughan hits a century before lunch, all be it against a mediocre (even by windies standards) attack, not bad going. Anyone know of a url for an ball by ball update? Cricinfo don't seem to have one, i haven't found one at least.
  16. twctopcat

147 - another ton

I know this could be jumping the gun and people have been talking about it for a long time but this lad Kevin Pietersen looks the real deal. He doesn't seem to get fazed and just loves scoring lots of runs, as soon as he can play for the first XI (around september?) i hope the selectors let him...
  17. twctopcat

English wicket keepers

Just wondering why england insist on selecting Chris Read ahead of Geraint Jones in the England setup when Jones clearly has the better FC record in terms of batting and seems to be (correct me if i'm wrong) pretty handy behind the stumps for Kent. There's only a couple of years difference so...
  18. twctopcat

Was spin bowling once an easier art?

I don't know if this is the case, am asking out of pure curiosity, but was it easier to be a more successful(statistically speaking) spinner in years gone by? Due to uncovered pitches and other factors etc which resulted in a lot of spinners e.g laker ending up with such low averages, not to...
  19. twctopcat

Cricket Clips

I know this isn't very relevant but i was just wondering if anyone knew any websites that shared clips of cricket, past and present. Have only been into cricket alot in the past year or so and have been following the game yet have never seen much archive footage, esp of the older players. Any...
  20. twctopcat

2004 cheats

How do you actually use players that you design under team management on cricket 2004? I keep on designing players but nothing come of them once i leave the team management section, where r they hiding? Advice wud b appreciated.