• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

19th Match - India v Australia (27th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Any youtube highlights floating around? Missed the last 10 overs as I had to catch a train.

social

Havent been through the thread but I reckon Yuvi really overdid his injury

It was like watching an Uruguayan footballer roll over & over before being carried off only to jump off the stretcher and "miraculously" make it back onto the field to rapturous applause

Proof will come with his availability or otherwise for the next match and I will offer an apology if he is ruled out for 6 weeks

Last edited:

Bahnz

He scored at more than a run a ball on a sluggish pitch in the middle overs.

It was good for India when he got out, but I don't think it would've been better had he got out earlier.
The pitch really wasn't that sluggish though, it was a fairly true surface, and one of the best in the tournament thus far. And yeah, he managed to put away a knee high full toss from Zampa to keep his SR crawling along at more or less 100 from the moment of his injury, but given how much of a handbreak he put on Kohli's innings, India imo would've definitely been better off with him heading off and Dhoni coming out to bat.

hendrix

I started watching about 5 mins before he got that full toss. He might've been worse earlier.

I thought it was very sluggish and zampa and Faulkner with his cutters really didn't offer much to put away.

2s quite a big deal on that ground I suppose.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kohli and Dhoni running ridiculous 2s started to turn the momentum. I think it's obvious that yuvraj retiring hurt would have been better for the team but I didn't mind him staying in if it meant he was going to slog Zampa and Co legside and just try and go big. When he didn't do that it was really odd.

Anyway I think he's important and still worth selecting. I did not think I'd ever say that again after the 2014 t20 world cup final.

Kirkut

Any youtube highlights floating around? Missed the last 10 overs as I had to catch a train.
Here you go.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72OCq7jnmh3ZmU4QUEyWDVVcWs/edit?pref=2&pli=1[/video]

Daemon

Btw is Smith going to be fined for dissent? Pretty sure he must've sprained his neck that excellent bobblehead impersonation.

vcs

Here you go.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72OCq7jnmh3ZmU4QUEyWDVVcWs/edit?pref=2&pli=1[/video]
Watched that, Kohli looks incredibly fit and ripped. In a different league to everyone else in the Indian team in terms of fitness.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure this guy has an aussie accent - he puts on a British one to give an air of class and culture to the comm box. I cringe whenever I hear this joker.
Mark Nicholas the Englishman puts on a British accent?

zorax

likes this
I was supposed to be boarding a flight from Delhi to HK during the runchase.

As I was checking in and clearing security I kept asking people around me what the score was, since I didn't have an indian sim card and the airport has no free wifi (barbaric, I know)

Going through duty free and walking to my gate, I caught the wicket of Yuvraj Singh, and by the time I reached my gate, India needed 59 from 30.

We were scheduled to board in 15 minutes, and I was so disappointed that we were going to miss the end of the game.

However, there was something wrong. Air India had still not opened the gate. Seems like they were short-staffed and no one had gone to receive the plane.

Luckily all the gates had their TV screens showing the game. I made myself comfortable at the one at Gate 23. Watson came on to bowl with 47 from 24 needed, and bowled a terrific over, but MSD just managed to get that last ball away for 4.

39 needed off 13 and It was time to board the plane.

Except there was no plane.

All the desis at all the gates were glued to the screens nearest to them. Every boundary was met with loud cheers. No one cared there was no plane. Except the Asians. They sat around confused and frustrated

The Air India staff continued to deny that the flight was delayed. as Kohli tore into Faulkner. Four. Four. Six. Each met with a cheer louder than the last.

It was happening. Could Kohli actually win this for us?

NCN got the ball. Still no word from Air India. Four. Four. Four. Bemused fotreigners wondered what was going on while every Indian man, woman and child in Indra Gandhi airport lost their ****. Employees were taking turns to leave their shops to watch the game, relaying the score back to their colleagues. Frustrated Chinese tourists wanted to buy souvenirs for fam back home but found the staff were too preoccupied watching some man whacking a ball around with a bat.

Four. Four. Kohli had done it. We only needed Four from the last over to win.

Just then a message boomed over the PA system. Air India flight 310 to Hong Kong was now ready to board.

First ball next over and MSD slams Faulkner over midwicket for four. Kohli drops to his knees after an ATG T20 innings. Everyone leaves their screeen and cheerfully lines up. The flight leaves on its scheduled time with no delay, just as promised.

Loved it. Kohli WAG.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

I was supposed to be boarding a flight from Delhi to HK during the runchase.

As I was checking in and clearing security I kept asking people around me what the score was, since I didn't have an indian sim card and the airport has no free wifi (barbaric, I know)

Going through duty free and walking to my gate, I caught the wicket of Yuvraj Singh, and by the time I reached my gate, India needed 59 from 30.

We were scheduled to board in 15 minutes, and I was so disappointed that we were going to miss the end of the game.

However, there was something wrong. Air India had still not opened the gate. Seems like they were short-staffed and no one had gone to receive the plane.

Luckily all the gates had their TV screens showing the game. I made myself comfortable at the one at Gate 23. Watson came on to bowl with 47 from 24 needed, and bowled a terrific over, but MSD just managed to get that last ball away for 4.

39 needed off 13 and It was time to board the plane.

Except there was no plane.

All the desis at all the gates were glued to the screens nearest to them. Every boundary was met with loud cheers. No one cared there was no plane. Except the Asians. They sat around confused and frustrated

The Air India staff continued to deny that the flight was delayed. as Kohli tore into Faulkner. Four. Four. Six. Each met with a cheer louder than the last.

It was happening. Could Kohli actually win this for us?

NCN got the ball. Still no word from Air India. Four. Four. Four. Bemused fotreigners wondered what was going on while every Indian man, woman and child in Indra Gandhi airport lost their ****. Employees were taking turns to leave their shops to watch the game, relaying the score back to their colleagues. Frustrated Chinese tourists wanted to buy souvenirs for fam back home but found the staff were too preoccupied watching some man whacking a ball around with a bat.

Four. Four. Kohli had done it. We only needed Four from the last over to win.

Just then a message boomed over the PA system. Air India flight 310 to Hong Kong was now ready to board.

First ball next over and MSD slams Faulkner over midwicket for four. Kohli drops to his knees after an ATG T20 innings. Everyone leaves their screeen and cheerfully lines up. The flight leaves on its scheduled time with no delay, just as promised.

Loved it. Kohli WAG.
One too many four :ph34r:

91Jmay

Can't wait for the "Marais Erasmus is a **** bloke" T-shirts that are no doubt being printed as we speak by the saintly Australian fans.