• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 Champions Trophies vs World Cup

S.Kennedy

You should, some of the games are really good and the teams try hard.
I'm certain you are right but there is a lot of cricket on and If I sat and watched cricket all day on the box I'd never do anything! The scheduling here actually conflicts with the county championship and I tend to be watching or listening to that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pratters expressing his ignorance should be an own goal right? Since when is ignorance and being ill informed a sign of pride?
There is also the Tamil Nadu Premier league (new season starting later this month) which HonestBharani would go gaga over I am sure. Doesn't mean it's good.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

I love the Gold - Silver medal analogy here. No amounts of CTs will compare to a world cup but it is a very important tournament in it's own right.

Agar

The only purpose of the Champions Trophy is to serve as a confirmation factor after a World Cup.

Win both and you're a deserving nation (India '83-85, Australia '07-09, India '11-13).

Goes to show what a fluke the Australia-New Zealand final was in 2015.

vcs

Lol Australia of 2003-06 were a couple of notches above India 2011. Stop making up arbitrary criteria like "needed two attempts to win the Champions Trophy".

honestbharani

I dont think or at least I hope, that Agar is making the point that it was sort of double that Australia did not achieve than any real reasoning that Australia were not the best ODI team between 2003 and 2006 or whatever it was.

And FWIW, I feel that Australia 2007 were easily better than most of the other great ODI sides, including the Aussies of the 2003 class themselves.

Agar

Lol Australia of 2003-06 were a couple of notches above India 2011. Stop making up arbitrary criteria like "needed two attempts to win the Champions Trophy".
They did need two attempts to win the Champions Trophy during their WC reign. That's just a plain fact.

Look, there's no denying that they were the dominant team in 2003, but the team that wins the two in a row gets bragging rights over the team that doesn't win the two in a row.

morgieb

I'm about 90% convinced it's a fail attempt at baiting.

Spark

Global Moderator
They did need two attempts to win the Champions Trophy during their WC reign. That's just a plain fact.

Look, there's no denying that they were the dominant team in 2003, but the team that wins the two in a row gets bragging rights over the team that doesn't win the two in a row.
Sure they do.